What are these new AR doohickeys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh that's it now I am mad we didn't learn any of that in class!

I thought I wanted a VFG, got a nice tango down VFG with quick detach lever. I learned that in order to get my chicken wing in and index with my thumb properly that it places my wrist in a painful and unnatural position(wrist surgery years ago did some bad damage to it and it's never been the same). But it looks really cool and holds my tape switch in place.

I handled one of Marshal's SBR's with the AFG on it and it felt natural and didn't place the strain on my wrist that the vfg does so I am going to swap out for an AFG.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh that's it now I am mad we didn't learn any of that in class!

I thought I wanted a VFG, got a nice tango down VFG with quick detach lever. I learned that in order to get my chicken wing in and index with my thumb properly that it places my wrist in a painful and unnatural position(wrist surgery years ago did some bad damage to it and it's never been the same). But it looks really cool and holds my tape switch in place.

I handled one of Marshal's SBR's with the AFG on it and it felt natural and didn't place the strain on my wrist that the vfg does so I am going to swap out for an AFG.

Ill trade you a black AFG for your TD.

iriediver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL...Nope, which is why it's a misnomer usually applied to the VFG by folks who most likely never tried to learn the various methods of using one. (although it might've originated in reference to the old Tommy Gun firegrip...it's become somewhat derogatory). Some guys run 'em and run 'em well, others just mount them because they think it looks cool.

tried it, didnt care for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom