What are you planting for food plots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geez, I knew this was coming.......... This happened to me on another site dealing with crappie fishing and managing farm ponds. I have had 5,000+ hits in 15 months.

Fellas, this is going to take awhile to do because I have years of experience doing this and I have made alot of mistakes in the process. Good experiences come from having bad experiences. I have quietly sat back and observed the many comments about food plots and feeders and what to plant and when.. I have cracked a few smiles and shook my head and seen many of you grasping for straws as what to do. Let me be clear......I was once in each of your shoes. In the next few weeks, I will lay out some suggestions for building a successful food plot(s). These suggestions apply to all quadrants of the state. The reccommended seed may vary from quadrant to quadrant but that is due to soil conditions and annual rainfall. I welcome questions from you all and I will try to help as my time allows. Each question asked will,most likely, help some one else.

I am a private consultant in the wastewater and water industry. I have been a field tester for the Whitetail Institute of North America (WINA) for many years. This company was founded by Ray Scott of BASS fame. Ray's son Steve Scott worked with me on a project of mine one year then advised his staff biologist to invite me to be on their team of testers. So here I am.

In 2008 I filmed a segment for the ODWC on Food Plot Basics which has aired several times. Several of you have asked for a copy of this DVD and I am in the process of getting several of them burned. When they are ready I will let you know.

Let me start a new thread on this topic.

I saw that segment.
I also have been putting in food plots for 15+ years.
My area is different than most and has it own challenges.
It will be a good thread.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom