What defines a Recce?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read about them and sort of thought I knew what a "Recce" was, but I see several variations that seem to break the definition that I thought I knew. Didn't it originate as a Seal Team Recon variant of the M4 or something?

I guess the same thing applies to an SPR as I see my definition of an SPR broken all the time by folks claiming their rifle is an SPR.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it orignialy was defined as a middy with ss barrel and was for some special "group". I don't keep up with all that though since like you said it's so messed up now people call everything a m4/recce/spr/dmr/whatever.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it orignialy was defined as a middy with ss barrel and was for some special "group". I don't keep up with all that though since like you said it's so messed up now people call everything a m4/recce/spr/dmr/whatever.

I agree. The terms for Recce, SPR, DMR, etc.. have become so misused/corrupted that there is no legitimate definition anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom