1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What do indoor ranges charge for targets?

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by Gunbuffer, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Eh there's only 40 of them, I'll put em up in trade for a couple boxes of ammo or something

2. Snake

Snake Sharpshooter

Good thinking. You don't use targets anyway.

3. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not really, after my first shot I basically just use bullet holes

4. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That's the way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Okie1907

Okie1907 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    One buck is pretty standard. I think its fair, these ranges dont make much off the ammo typically and I dont see too many people buying the ammo because it isnt competitive priced. They just dont have the buying power of most stores.

Last range I accidentally bought some 6.99 Aguila... I was slightly hacked. It was my own fault though. I wasnt paying attention. I will say that aguila is likely making a good profit unlike a lot of the range products.

6. Judi

Judi Marksman

Kind of dislike indoor ranges now,....to much unsafe nonsense going on, people who first time holstering quick drawing, someone shooting my target from three rows over, and the ammo/gun restrictions.

I purchased some targets few months back, ...thought I would be spending a lot of cash on them, ....but hubby helped out by making them for me.....

However on our outdoor range......
    Plastic milk & orange juice gallons, plastic water bottles, (filled with water) or painted card board boxes, bucket lids, are fine for me. But I also like those orange clay disk ($6.00/90 @ Wal-mart). Hubby bought me a box of bowling pins which we have bowling night on Tuesday evenings. Harder to knock down then you think, hit them low or high cause dead center they wobble/walk (sometimes), but won't fall. (depending on cal.)

7. Chuckie

Chuckie Sharpshooter

Bought some .357 ammo one time from a range shop and when I used it, it shot a flame out of the bore for at least 2 feet with a thunderous boom. The whole range became deathly quiet. Obviously someone's reloads that the range was selling. Never again!