What do we do in this scenario?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the service business and carry at all times, If you go into the home of a LEO who is off duty To do some kind of work for them ( you know he or she is LEO due to the patrol car in the drive) Are we required to inform them of our CCW ? I just thought of that the other day and was just curious?

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It shall be unlawful for any person to fail or refuse to identify the fact that the person is in actual possession of a concealed handgun pursuant to the authority of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when the person first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It shall be unlawful for any person to fail or refuse to identify the fact that the person is in actual possession of a concealed handgun pursuant to the authority of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when the person first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop.
So if I'm in a parking lot bullshitting with some friends and a cop asks what we're doing and questions us, do we have to notify? It's not in traffic, it's not in the course of an arrest, and we're free to leave (not being detained). It's just a "contact".

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if I'm in a parking lot bullshitting with some friends and a cop asks what we're doing and questions us, do we have to notify? It's not in traffic, it's not in the course of an arrest, and we're free to leave (not being detained). It's just a "contact".

Ask the Officer if you are being detained...If he says yes then yes you do....If he asks for your identification a resonable person would think they are not free to leave so yes you should notify them...I would let any Officer you come into contact with know as soon as you could.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask the Officer if you are being detained...If he says yes then yes you do....If he asks for your identification a resonable person would think they are not free to leave so yes you should notify them...I would let any Officer you come into contact with know as soon as you could.
Sounds like good advice. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom