what does it mean if i still have doe's together?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i noticed at one of my spots i still have a group of 3 does together. Is it possible that she is not in heat yet? Or could she be and a buck has not broke them up yet? Possibly he has already got her and now she is back with he pals?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't answer that question, other than I still see does daily that are together. No clue whether they have been hammered yet, already out of estrus, or yet to come in. If you see a buck with a nose up her butt, she is probably in! heh

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO the does will stay in groups during rut. As each comes into eustrus, a buck will have the opportunity to cut her out from the group to breed.
Problem in most areas of Okla, the buck to doe ratio is not good, and there will be does, sometimes lots of does that never get bred no matter if they are "hot". The bucks can only do so much.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its because they are lesbians. They have become this way as a result of the lowered self esteem. This being the result of the bad buck to doe ratio in Oklahoma. The bucks have been run ragged by so many does. There are does they can't get to. The does start thinking maybe its them. They start turning to alternative lifestyles to fill that void in their life. Eventually they are convinced that they are made this way and to be with a doe is the only way.

Now they are no use to the deer population. All they want to do is wear work boots and drive Dodge trucks. Do the deer population a favor and thin them out.

DogBabe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its because they are lesbians. They have become this way as a result of the lowered self esteem. This being the result of the bad buck to doe ratio in Oklahoma. The bucks have been run ragged by so many does. There are does they can't get to. The does start thinking maybe its them. They start turning to alternative lifestyles to fill that void in their life. Eventually they are convinced that they are made this way and to be with a doe is the only way.

Now they are no use to the deer population. All they want to do is wear work boots and drive Dodge trucks. Do the deer population a favor and thin them out.

Hey! maybe they look good in work boots. Maybe they just can't find a buck that doesn't spend all his time off chasing other does and showing off for all the other bucks. Maybe they think they are being taken for granted and are sick and tired of being ignored. Maybe they just want to be understood and really how hard is it to bring home a frickin' bouquet of corn every once in a while!

Latest posts

Top Bottom