What gun belt do you wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like many others, I'm trying to find the best gun belt for the money. I dress casual, either khakis, jeans or shorts with belt. It will be for IWB conceal carry mostly, sometimes OWB if the new law passes.

What do you wear and why? If you don't mind, how much did it cost?

If you've had a bad experience with a certain brand of belt, that would be useful information too.

Thanks guys.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For $15 you can have a solid leather belt, not layers sewn together. Just go to the leather store but the kit and whatever color dye you want. Very solid and sturdy.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a Looper's Kydex belt, 1.5" width, that I wear on "dressy" days, like Church and what-not, but my every day wear and duty belt is a Wilderness Instructor with the C.S.M. insert and in 1.75" width.

However...

This new one that I just got a few months ago isn't near the quality as the first one I got like 2-3 years ago. Their recent budget crunch caused a lack of quality, I guess.

Anyway...bottom line is, they are still a good belt, but I think they are just barely better than the 5.11 belts nowadays.

The next belt I get will be another Looper. They are just good belts. :thumb:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks GED, found it. That is definitely a dress-up Church belt. Very nice. http://looperlawenforcement.com/looper-reinforced-holster-belt.html

I'm hoping I can find a more casual belt that is that well-made.

Actually, they're not as "dressy" as you might think. The only reason I classify them as "dressy" is because they are more dressier than a Wilderness belt. ;)

If you're an average sized guy (I'm not :rolleyes2) Filson also makes a nice, thick, sturdy, double belt. I have a set of their galluses (city folks call 'em suspenders) and Filson is famous for "overkill" on the strength and durability of their products. And, it's made in the good ol' U S of A, right there in Seattle, Washington! :patriot:

http://www.filson.com/product/index...&cp=2069836.2065003.2075127&parentPage=family

Make sure your holster(s) you will be using has wide enough belt loops to accomodate the thicker belt...if you go with one. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom