What gun belt do you wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay away from the cheap-o 5.11 belts. They're only $30, but they wear out quickly. I bought one about six months ago and it's about time for replacement...

Many folks have recommended www.thebeltman.com.

I like their khaki pants. They are super comfortable. I just always wait until they do the "free belt with every pair" special, so I never pay for the belt. I'm only on my second one, but the first lasted ~8 months and this one has gone nearly a year so far.

Basically, what ends up happening is the Kydex in the belt stretches and breaks and then slides out of alignment with the holes.

It works great for me, and like I said, they are free if you like the pants.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 5.11 belt is holding up great as well. Love it.

I think they might be hit or miss, because I didn't carry much with my first one (I had NEVER worn a belt before, so was getting used to it before my permit got here), and it didn't last all that long. I carry a bit more now, and this one shows no real signs of wear. I guess if I ever get in a position to where I can carry everyday, then I can really test it out.

brettlt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased two belts from Blackhawk during their half price sale. So far they seem great, but I have only worn them a few times. They were less than $23 each. I will have to see how long they last.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1

I bought the above belt and a 5.11 Nylon Trainer Belt around the same time. Within the first month or so, the leather on the top edge was worn away exposing the white insert - so now it cannot be worn with a tucked shirt. It is still functional in that it is stiff and supports the weight of even my Beretta 92 all day. The nylon Trainer belt seems to be holding up pretty well. I am in the process of losing some weight, so I have held off buying a more expensive belt so far, but may pick up a Looper belt next time I'm in OKC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom