What Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bugging out isn't always on foot.m all depend upon your mode of bugging out. Personally it would take some very extreme situation for me to leave my home.

This.. Becuz the way I see it, whatever is going on in my immediate area, is going to be going on 5 miles down the road as well, So walking anywhere isn't really gonna solve the issue.. And Any gear/weapons/ammo that I would be carrying, would become doubled wieght becuz my 2 year old would be done walking after a quarter mile and I would be carrying him as well somehow if the situation was extreme enough that we had to get out of the area.. So to me, bugging out on foot, with my family, is very very unlikely, and would fall under extreme measures and as a last resort. What am I carrying if I'm bugging out in a Vec? Simple, every firearm, and every round I have for those firearms..

tsmithwick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 700 in .308 with suppressor. AR15 that's compatible with my suppressor. My .22 walther/suppressor to be purchased. My 9mm as well. As much ammo as I can carry!!

Suppressing anything bigger than a 223 is like trying to suppress a 16in cannon. Does little good for the effort.
With that said Id go with a my Colt AR 15 scoped with compensator, M1911 in 45 acp with a 22 conversion kit, ruger 10/22 with red dot and silencer(or when i get the chance have it full barrel silencer), sig saure p229 in 40 s&w. My friend would be carring the ak, sks, m1 grand, and 38 s&w airweight revolver.
if i needed 9mm or anything else I would get it off the bodies of my enemies.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend would be carring the ak, sks, m1 grand, and 38 s&w airweight revolver.

Sucks To be your friend!! Cuz even with a bag of the absolute minimum of water, chow, first aid, change of skivvys, plus assuming mags and ammo for said guns... Its gonna be slow moving!! say you have the AK in your hands as the primary shooter, howare you securing the sks and m1? sheaths or gun bags? are they modular with the pack on your back? cuz just with slings, those guns are gonna be floppin all over the place with any serious movement....

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our ever present move to more guns but same calibers has changed up slightly:

Myself
M4gery with daytime scope and NV rig in bag or vice versa- combat load (6 magazines in rig surefire 60 on rifle)
12 gauge with 7 00 buck loaded/15 on sling and various slug/bird on 50 belt on scabbard attached to molle bag
(before my disabilities i've carried this setup up to 15 miles in a day with full ruck minus the extra SG ammo and NV which is approx 6 more lbs)
1911 in 45 acp on hip
colt 38 spc in bag with "limited ammo"

Wife
FS2000 with whatever glass she finally decides on hopefully in the near future :) and 3 mags on pack
Ruger LCR 38 spc with 100 rounds in bag and 4 speed strips on belt

Daughter 1 (teen)
ak47 with collapsed stock iron sights or red dot she cant decide her preference 3 mags on hip pack
full size 1911 with ultra thin CM grips ( her preference not mine for her) 3-5 mags next to ak mags

Daughter 2 (pre-teen)
Remington 597 or ruger 10/22 3x10rnd rotary for ruger or 1x 25 in remington with spare magazines in pack
1911 style 22lr with 4 magazines

Due to current medical issues/until tri-care will pay to replace the other hip and I heal from that then get the hard back brace for awhile, it would take an act of god (literraly like fire/nuke melt down etc) to make us "bug out" But due to the disabled state, we found we could put up to 30+ lbs on each of our full grown goats and them not notice in the slightest and 6 of them are all ready pack/leash trained. If i could get 1-2 to pull a cart with our chickens and such even better, but we would have never considered this if not for being crippled so some good has come out of it. Also once we get our land finished cleared (only 8+acres total) the girls want horses (they have had lessons and know how to care for the evil eating/pooping useless things).

We have other guns and bigger calibers but for a bug-out this is our basic plan.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some friends of mine have talked about this and decided we'd go as a group. Tony is the best shotgun shooter in the group so he'd obviously be designated shotgunner. My skill level with a pistol is better than anything else I've used, simply due to the lack of experience with anything else so I'd be more comfortable with my XD .45. I can hit with a rifle at long range, too, so I'd be willing to carry an AR-15 or a bolt gun. I'm building an AR anyways. Nate already owns and isn't too bad with his Marlin 795 and .22lr is cheap and light. So the thinking is:

Me - XD .45 and 6 loaded mags +200 rds .45
AR-15 and 6 loaded mags
200 rds 5.56
Extra mag springs, oil, cleaning kit.
Extra barrel for the .45, .22lr AR conversion w/ 3 mags
500 rds .22lr
100rds 12ga

Tony - 12ga + 200 rds assorted
XD .40 w/ 6 loaded mags +200 rds
Extra mag springs, tube spring & follower
Cleaning kit, oil

Nate - Marlin 795 w/ 6 loaded mags and 1K rds of .22lr
200 rds 12ga assorted
6 extra replacement mags
Cleaning Kit, Oil
Map, Compass, flashlights, batteries, hatchet/machete and a crowbar.

The thinking is to try and get to an as-yet-to-be-determined meeting place as quickly as possible and hopefully, have more supplies, a vehicle and a plan waiting for us. We'd use what we have, including several shotshell caddies that we use at Silverleaf, s couple duffels and backpacks. Tony has the biggest ammo burden with the size of 12ga so we figured we could all carry some and that would mean that we each have some of all of the ammo, in case someone loses or has to leave their BOB. An AR-15 begs for a .22lr conversion. Nate's burden is the lightest so we'd set him up with a few extras that could be passed around as needed. We're still working out a way to get all of this spread out on our persons to make carrying both more comfortable and easily accessible. The idea is that if we can spread as much of that over our bodies as evenly as possible, it would leave room for other necessities in the BOB, itself.

Also, if I can afford it, a decent recurve bow and some quality arrows would be great. I'm not terrible with a bow and another, prospective member of our group has been shooting them since he was a kid. I think that might make a good addition. I'm working on obtaining a .40 pistol so as to carry the same ammo as Tony. Nate's trying to get one, too. I'd like to have it so we all carry the same kind of pistol and at least 2 of us have a .22lr so that evryone can supply everyone.

Again, suggestions?

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd grab a sawn off shotty and my 1911 with a just a couple boxes of ammo and a few ammo belts, to keep the weight down, but definetly want to grab a good sharp machette.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of these days there will be a study done on the reason behind the number of folks in Oklahoma fascinated with the machette as an assault weapon. Why just yesterday a man with a machette and a pellet rifle took on some of MW cities finest. He woulda won too had it not been for the officer having a real gun.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of these days there will be a study done on the reason behind the number of folks in Oklahoma fascinated with the machette as an assault weapon. Why just yesterday a man with a machette and a pellet rifle took on some of MW cities finest. He woulda won too had it not been for the officer having a real gun.

I want one but not for defense. I was thinking of more practical reasons. A hatchet or machete and a prybar or crowbar would come in handy in a SHTF situation. You never know, circumstances could force you into a wooded area or to force open a door, maybe in search of supplies or firewood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom