What happens to guns used to take ones own life?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not the gun that did it. It wouldnt bother me, coming from a stranger at all. I would want to know if I bought one though, its like history. I too imagine that some of my historic guns have been used to end life, I wish I knew the history.

Having the gun that killed a loved one, hmm thats a bit tougher. I would keep it, but it would probably stay in the safe.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It wouldn't bother me to own a suicide gun, I look at just like driving by those crosses and memorials along the roadsides day after day after day. Just reminders, nothing more.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Uncle had terminal cancer and shot himself after they sent him home and told him there was nothing else they could do for him. His wife eventually got the gun back. I cleaned it up after she got it back, where it's at now, ?????

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem with any surplus military firearms, and really don't care whether any guns I have or will have may have been used in a sucide. Having said that, I wouldn't want a gun that one of my family members killed themselves with; not for any superstitious reasons, but just because it's a reminder of personal pain. There's plenty of other ones that don't carry that stigma.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
30bulletholes,

I own a huge collection of Nazi pistols; Lugers, PPKs, P-38s, Mauser 1934 etc., and I'm sure some of them were used to kill people. Hell, I own an SS typewriter. Who knows what evil was typed up on it? I own old Colt autos and revolvers that I'm fairly sure have a history. And I am absolutely fine with that. However, I would not knowingly own a gun that someone used in a suicide.

Call me a superstitious girl, I will blame that owl who hoots constantly in my back yard.

You're a superstitious girl.

Who knows we all may have one??????

^^This maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom