"What IFs" And Ignoring 'No Guns' Signs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignoring the gunbuster sign could be construed as trespassing but the burden of proof would be on the store or prosecution to prove you saw the sign and were aware of its meaning (which you have pretty much busted for CVS and BWW by this post). IF you are in danger then defend yourself. If the store is being robbed seek cover and be a good witness. If it becomes an active shooter situation, then put a stop to it! DO NOT pursue a bad guy out of the store, when he leaves you are no longer in danger so at this point just be a good witness.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar mindset WAGS. My dad and I were passing through Chickasha the other day for work and stopped at Jake's to eat some BBQ since we don't make it down that way frequently. He has passed through the week before and stopped on the way back to the city for lunch and told me on our way in that they have a sign up that says absolutely no firearms allowed. I won't leave my weapon in the truck for someone to possibly steal so I always carry despite signage. As our CC instructor told us "I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think any business in today's competitive climate would actually bring charges against a spending customer who is behaving and being a good citizen. Imagine Channel 4, 5 or 9 showing up sticking a microphone in the manager's face asking why they had a customer arrested??? Yeah, that would be great for their business reputation! Like AKguy said, "concealed is concealed."
If you are "confronted", just reply that are sorry, you didn't see the sign and you'll be glad to leave. Then watch the staff see $$$ walk out the door...

JMO

LL

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with what everyone has posted. At worst it is a trespass. And they would have to convince a judge of it too. Personally, I assume every gunbuster sign I see means "no open carry" unless it specifically states otherwise. This is a completely reasonable assumption in a state that has no state mandated sign requirements. If you leave upon being requested to then no issue.

Only case I can possibly see an arrest is if someone notices the gun, calls police in on a MWAG and you are confronted by the cops with no store employee action. But I dont see that as too likely.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way i've read on this forum, is if your caught in an posted establishment other than a courthouse ect.ect. you would be asked to leave or if pd decides a tresspassing ticket

PD does not get to decide. The PD is not an agent of the business and can not trespass someone. PD would enforce an employee/managers decision to charge you with trespass.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF told to leave, just go. Don't argue, don't dally, just pay if needed, keep your pie hole shut, walk out and drive away. No blood, no foul.

Life is too short and the weather is too nice to worry about forgetting to notice a non standardized gun buster sign among the dizzying array of signage at the entrance to many retail locations.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF told to leave, just go. Don't argue, don't dally, just pay if needed, keep your pie hole shut, walk out and drive away. No blood, no foul.

Life is too short and the weather is too nice to worry about forgetting to notice a non standardized gun buster sign among the dizzying array of signage at the entrance to many retail locations.

Agree 100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom