"What IFs" And Ignoring 'No Guns' Signs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure i agree with this. Personally, I figure concealed is concealed any place except one prohibited by law. But that's my PERSONAL opinion, NOT a legal one.

Again, my personal opinion is that it would be difficult to find an Oklahoma jury to convict you if you were carrying a pistol in a store with a gun buster sign and found yourself having to stop a deranged gunman or knife man or axe man or whatever he was wielding.

I took this legal advice with a grain of salt. Just like anything else that relies on the courts for resolution, it all comes down to what's likely vs what's possible. Is it likely that I'd be prosecuted for nothing more that carrying past a sign? I don't think so. Is it possible? It's an interesting theory, but of course anything is POSSIBLE in the realm of legal theory.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If i was ever a juror, id prolly aquit or vote not guilty.

Ive always taken the mindset of, if i shoot someone, im going to jail, might get charged, prolly be a hearing and ill prolly be sued and go broke. I'll also be alive.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet, one big issue you're overlooking. That's the Wrongful Death lawsuit that will follow. I can see some slick willie attorney coming after you and saying "if you hadn't ignored the gun buster sign" there wouldn't have been any shooting and his clients wouldn't be suffering this terrible agony and grief that they are now going through.

Yes, that's probably true. That's why proper estate planning (ie. asset protection) is a MUST. (We shysters get you coming or going ha ha! But asset protection is important)

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares?

The fact that you are alive to face prosecution is better than the alternative. Life goes on, charged with something or not. In the grand scheme, do you disarm yourself because you are worried that you will need it and rather die than be prosecuted?

My work forbids me to carry at work. Should I disarm myself to keep a job, or continue to rely on on myself if I run into a life and death situation? I can always find some kind of job.

By the way, if it is OK, Castle protects you from prosecution on a legal shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom