What Is Cheap Right Now? Investment Wise...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been so close to going in on GE a few times during their descent...so glad I didn't as everyone who has felt they were picking the bottom is disappointed pretty much daily lol. It was replaced on the Dow by walgreens just to add to your statement.
My granddad worked for GE for many years and built up a nice chunk of their stock.

I really hope dad has liquidated that....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GE will have a comeback story but it won't be what it once was. They still dominate what few sectors they are involved in. Betcha it's in the 20s within a few years and it still has a healthy dividend.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with what one said about the marijuana stocks/sector. While I don't smoke and don't care for those that do, if it can make me money then I will listen. Had I been 32 years old today with no debt and money in my pocket to invest I think I would be doing some serious research on marijuana stock and companies to invest in. The world, including the US is only getting more open to the legalization of pot which will only make whole new industries blossom and the wise ones whom invested very wealthy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't mean I have set myself up with investments right now to get to where I want to be, thats the part where i have a long way to go and much to learn. What I meant with the above statement is I have a decent amount saved up with no debt which I would consider a good foundation to grow upon...I do wish I would have built some credit in the process but will start working to correct that.
Again, how much of this net worth of yours is liquid cash?

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you can, buy a house and have someone else pay for it (renting).
Another angle: money! Well, debt, that is... The interest rates have been rising in the last year since Trump's inauguration but before that, interest rates were super low. Taking on as much debt as you can at the lowest rates possible (less than the inflation rate) makes it pretty much free money.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can, buy a house and have someone else pay for it (renting).
Another angle: money! Well, debt, that is... The interest rates have been rising in the last year since Trump's inauguration but before that, interest rates were super low. Taking on as much debt as you can at the lowest rates possible (less than the inflation rate) makes it pretty much free money.
And.................why would one "want" to take on debt???? Dave Ramsey would be having a fit!

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And.................why would one "want" to take on debt???? Dave Ramsey would be having a fit!
Dave Ramsey is lowest-common-denominator. Taking on debt can be very wise indeed when it's used to invest in something that will have a positive return.

Taking on consumer debt is generally a bad idea, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom