What is everyone using to bust birds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I have no initial plans to replace the old reliable boat anchor of a shotgun my A-5 is. I would like to progress into the 21st century sometime soon.

looking for a semi auto 12ga. that would be good for most airborn birds(quail, pheasant, dove etc). I don't need anything for turkey or goose.

What is everyone using?

I have a friend that just picked up a new Benelli Vinci and is in love with it. I won't be spending that much on a bird gun anytime soon.

Browning B 2000 hands down the best shot gun I have ever owned. With that said I do like Remington 870 Wingmaster and my 1100 sporting. All very good guns.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But aren't you required to wear a goofy hat, a blazer with leather elbow pads and have a nice little Springer or other bird dog to use an over and under?

:laugh6:

gotta watch that north wind.
You don't need a dog, just have the peasants pick up your birds for table scraps. might as well have one carry your gun and one carry your shells too. :D

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
forgot my hat picture.

:laugh6:

gotta watch that north wind.
You don't need a dog, just have the peasants pick up your birds for table scraps. might as well have one carry your gun and one carry your shells too. :D

Attachments

• Cabela%27s+elmer+fudd+hat.jpg
    Cabela%27s+elmer+fudd+hat.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 125

flathead58

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can not beat a browning i have aBPS10, A5,sweet16,&20ga. no need for any other shotgun had a 1100 That is HAD no more.It would not make a good boat anchor!! :ou1

Will never own another 1100

I know i will get a lot of slack on this just my .02 worth:thanku:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I have no initial plans to replace the old reliable boat anchor of a shotgun my A-5 is. I would like to progress into the 21st century sometime soon.

looking for a semi auto 12ga. that would be good for most airborn birds(quail, pheasant, dove etc). I don't need anything for turkey or goose.

What is everyone using?

I have a friend that just picked up a new Benelli Vinci and is in love with it. I won't be spending that much on a bird gun anytime soon.

Whats wrong with the A5?
I have lots of shotguns from SXS,OU's, autos, and pumps. My go to gun is a Sweet 16 built in 1956. Great trigger, and when it goes boom, the big roosters and quail fall from the sky like rain:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom