What is your favorite Burger Joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one has mentioned Brownies Groumet Burgers (BGB)... a spin off of the original Brownies near 21st & Sheridan in Tulsa. They have an interesting line up, but it can be on the pricey side. And then there is the for ever popular Murphy's hot hamburger in Bartlesville... not as good as they used to be but still pretty tasty.

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After moving here we've been having a hard time finding awesome burgers and other food groups. I used to live in CA where the food was freaking amazing. Father's Office and The Counter were king for burgers. We have really liked Tuckers, though. I have to order it with light onion and we tend to like the Turkey more than the beef there. Nics I found to be so-so. Kaisers had a great buffalo burger but right after I found them they started faltering then was bought by the current owners and the burgers just aren't the same and the service even worse. Pops has an outstanding buffalo burger and I'm pretty happy to see they're coming to Nichols Hills. In fact, that might be my favorite burger place to date in OKC. There's a dive on May called Cousins that had really good burgers (it's a bar so there's smokers inside so if that bugs you take it to go). Garage is decent but not outstanding. Burgers are pretty good but the stuff they put on top causes the bread to be saturated and break apart. I tried Irma's once and got the grass fed burger and was unimpressed. There's a dive in Bethany that has a good buffalo burger (I think it's called Buffalo Grill) with home made chips but the last two times I stopped by they didn't have any buffalo. The place in Meers was a fun trip but the burger was just ok. Smash....eh, I've been kinda smashed out. They started trying to creep into areas with Counter Burger and CB does it so much better.

Is there other any place in this state where you can get buffalo or even Elk and Ostrich burgers? Otherwise it's good to see some of these other places in this thread. I'll have to try them out.

As for the previous comments on whiskey cake, I feel this place is severely overrated. Food is super salty to the point of masking all other ingredient's tastes and it's a restaurant full of emotional fluff with the whole locally sourced bs. You want to tell me your food is locally sourced, great. Prove it by telling me where it was sourced like all the other locally sourced restaurants I've been to. Until then, it's just a marketing ploy to over charge for sub-par food. I will say there's an appetizer there that's toasted bread with olives and cheese that has been consistent and really good but their pricey "Elixers" taste like they water them down. But it seems like the same type of crowd that frequents Upper Crust (which was below sub-par and expensive). Ah, pizza. I should start a thread on that....

La Baguette(just north of Cousins on May) has a pretty good burger. I actually think I like La Baguette over Cousins and S&B(all three are pretty close to each other). Earl's still make a good burger, but I usually go there for the "Big Earl" sandwich.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one has mentioned Brownies Groumet Burgers (BGB)... a spin off of the original Brownies near 21st & Sheridan in Tulsa. They have an interesting line up, but it can be on the pricey side. And then there is the for ever popular Murphy's hot hamburger in Bartlesville... not as good as they used to be but still pretty tasty.

Not a bad burger at Brownies Gourmet, not anything like the little greasy original ones though (21st and Harvard), but pretty good, the wife likes to go to Utica Sq so I tag along and we get to go eat.

Was at Murphys just the other day meeting my mom and stepdad and theyre still puttin em out, the one thing that hasnt changed and is still my all time fave is their garlicky house made salad dressing, love it. I usually get a steak though or the hamburger steak. Massive plates of coronary clogging goodness is all I know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom