What is your favorite Burger Joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad burger at Brownies Gourmet, not anything like the little greasy original ones though (21st and Harvard), but pretty good, the wife likes to go to Utica Sq so I tag along and we get to go eat.

Was at Murphys just the other day meeting my mom and stepdad and theyre still puttin em out, the one thing that hasnt changed and is still my all time fave is their garlicky house made salad dressing, love it. I usually get a steak though or the hamburger steak. Massive plates of coronary clogging goodness is all I know.

Oops... 21st & Harvard it is...

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one has mentioned Brownies Groumet Burgers (BGB)... a spin off of the original Brownies near 21st & Sheridan in Tulsa. They have an interesting line up, but it can be on the pricey side. And then there is the for ever popular Murphy's hot hamburger in Bartlesville... not as good as they used to be but still pretty tasty.
brownies was on harvard

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Cow Calf Hay's in Edmond and OKC. I've never been to the one in downtown OKC but the burgers we've had at the one in Edmond easily top the list of any we've had in Oklahoma, even surpassing those incredible wood fired deliciousness at the Range Cafe in the Wilshire Gun Club. Do yourself a favor and visit the www.thecowcalfhay.net soon and experience the Juicy Lucy (I like the triple with bacon and onion rings). You won't regret it. I promise!

ETA It's one of The Oklahoman's top 15 restaurants in the state!

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Long Run Diner.

Best Bacon Cheeseburger ever!

IMG_1502.JPG

Yes, thats a deep fried Jalapeno pepper on top...

I made the mistake of ordering a double once.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Cow Calf Hay's in Edmond and OKC. I've never been to the one in downtown OKC but the burgers we've had at the one in Edmond easily top the list of any we've had in Oklahoma, even surpassing those incredible wood fired deliciousness at the Range Cafe in the Wilshire Gun Club. Do yourself a favor and visit the www.thecowcalfhay.net soon and experience the Juicy Lucy (I like the triple with bacon and onion rings). You won't regret it. I promise!

ETA It's one of The Oklahoman's top 15 restaurants in the state!
I'll try that, its close to my office.
Never knew it was there.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Missed a better choice by one block -- just east of Union on 51st, across the street from the QT is Linda-Mar. Burgers made from fresh meat, not pre-made patties like Arnold's. Best post-golf stop when leaving either Page Belcher or South Lakes.

Linda-Mar also has a newer location on E. Admiral in the former Ike's Chili location between Yale & Sheridan.

As many times as I've been over there (pretty much every week for the past 9 years), I've never tried Linda Mar's. I've seen the place a lot and commented on it to a friend who grew up over there (same friend I'm over there visiting every week), but he insists Arnold's is better. Of course, he gets the chicken at Arnold's and when he does get a burger, he gets it plain (bread, meat, bread), so what does he know? I'll have to give them a try.

Edit: Just tried them today, Linda Mar makes a pretty good burger. If you're in the mood for a salty, greasy burger, Arnold's is still a better choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom