What is your favorite steakhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The second best steak i've ever had my ex cooked for me. Get a thick cut ribeye from reasors and marinate it in jack daniels marinade for two days, then pull it out and grill it to medium rare. Nom nom

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... I've eaten at Fleming's and Mahogany in Tulsa. Fleming's was darn good, Mahogany was VERY VERY good, but gosh darnit, I wish those damn people would leave you ALONE! I mean, seriously! They're changing out your butter knife if you get butter on it, sweeing the damn tablecloth in-between courses and won't leave my tea glass alone when I get it sweetened just the way I want it! Don't get me wrong... the service is phenomenal, but it is NOT my cup of tea! I just want to eat my dinner in peace and spend time with the person I am there with, not spend an equal amount of time with the staff standing next to me, and bustling away at trying to keep things neat and clean throughout my meal!

I realize, people consider this exceptional service, and I did tip them appropriately, but if I ever go back, I will inform them at the outset that I want to be left in peace during the majority of my meal. Not to mention, that they really seem to pack the people in there... I paid over $200 for dinner for 2 and felt lucky to have a corner table in one of the side rooms with a little elbow room. But there were some people sitting on the other side of the glass from me that really had to squeeze to get between their table and the one next to them. Screw that, man... I want some space and some privacy to hold a conversation in a non-whisper without worrying that everyone can hear us talking.

Anyways, as far as my best, Charley's Steakhouse in Orlando, FL. Ranked #2 in the US last time I checked.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... I've eaten at Fleming's and Mahogany in Tulsa. Fleming's was darn good, Mahogany was VERY VERY good, but gosh darnit, I wish those damn people would leave you ALONE! I mean, seriously! They're changing out your butter knife if you get butter on it, sweeing the damn tablecloth in-between courses and won't leave my tea glass alone when I get it sweetened just the way I want it! Don't get me wrong... the service is phenomenal, but it is NOT my cup of tea! I just want to eat my dinner in peace and spend time with the person I am there with, not spend an equal amount of time with the staff standing next to me, and bustling away at trying to keep things neat and clean throughout my meal!

I realize, people consider this exceptional service, and I did tip them appropriately, but if I ever go back, I will inform them at the outset that I want to be left in peace during the majority of my meal. Not to mention, that they really seem to pack the people in there... I paid over $200 for dinner for 2 and felt lucky to have a corner table in one of the side rooms with a little elbow room. But there were some people sitting on the other side of the glass from me that really had to squeeze to get between their table and the one next to them. Screw that, man... I want some space and some privacy to hold a conversation in a non-whisper without worrying that everyone can hear us talking.

Anyways, as far as my best, Charley's Steakhouse in Orlando, FL. Ranked #2 in the US last time I checked.

I've been nagging at GC to take me to Mahogany's here in the City ... :lookaroun Hmmmmm ... The price is okay but hovering and sitting on my "neighbor's lap" for that price is not ... I may have to rethink this now and stick with my Salmon Oscar at Saltgrass ...

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, it is so hard for me to go out to eat steak. I always buy a nice ribeye or fillet from Wheeler's Meat Market and just grill it at home. I can have a very nice bottle of wine with my dinner and have a great meal. Although, I do like the white tablecloth treatment from time to time. I have never understood why Morton's has not opened up a restaurant in OKC somewhere.

Bday this weekend, so I might have to try one of the places that has been suggested...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Celebrity in Tulsa. They and Mahogany's are the only two that buy the very best cuts of meat. (I have a connection to the supplier) Celebrity used to be the Celebrity Club, and was the steakhouse for the oil bigwigs back in the day.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to try some of these places y'all say are good in Tulsa. I've been to about every one you guys have mentioned in OKC, and none can hold a candle to Cattlemen's filet, but I really am open to finding one that can do better, honest. When I go out of town, I try to eat at the best steakhouse in whatever city I'm in, but nobody has done better yet. Some have been about as good, though. The chateaubriand at Bern's in Tampa was really excellent. Having said all that, I haven't been to too many big cities. I generally try to avoid the places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom