What is your woods revolver/pistol????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3" S&W model 29 or a 4 5/8" Super Blackhawk. With various loads should handle anything I can imagine. I carry primarily handloaded shotshells this time of year. Other times alternate every other chamber with full house loads. Personally I'm a .44 fan and think it is tough to beat.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While surjimmy received a reply via PM, I'll also add a comment here. I asked for a picture of his 1911 (insinuating in the first post that without pics, there were no goods).

He responded in a classic way. His first photo of the 1911 beauty is of the muzzle.

I get the message, surjimmy. I surrender.

:giveup:

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sense there are no real large predators in or around this state, not discounting big cats or feral pig's. A good .357 magnum or heavy load .44 special should do the trick for a woods gun. I carry either a Ruger Security Six, or a S&W 624, both with a four inch barrel. Now if I'm out lugging a rifle around I'll usually only pack a .22lr revolver or pistol.

What about the black bears in your area?

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a Ruger SBH with a 4" brl smooth cylinder that I think would be awesome if it were in .45 Colt. Then again, .44mag and .45 Colt about the same money to reload--but I have quite a bit of 45 Colt brass and no .44mag brass. Decisions.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife just phoned me telling me that while she was driving out to her 'rent's cabin in the boonies that she saw a adolescent cougar stalking around.

So...maybe I'll get some lead solids for my .44 Special...

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since there seems to be an interest in my new toy including the OP or I wouldn't be posting this here. Please take this in the manner it's ment, not that my toys are better then yours. If anyone would like to meet at H&H (hopefully a group) and shoot the Delta I would be more then happy to let them, "BYOA" I can bring 2 Les Baer's one in 45acp the other in 38 super, The new custom Delta Elite 10mm, Browning HP 9mm, Taurus Judge 45lc/410, and Ruger MkII. If some of us can meet we could get a cahnce to fire different weapons without the charge of a rental fee. Just a thought.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my 6 inch Ruger Security Six. :werd:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_315.jpg

However, I may try the old .45 Rock Island 1911 some time.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_022_1.jpg

Nice eh? :hyper:

Latest posts

Top Bottom