What kind of bag/backpack/carry all to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many times, I may wear sweats or light clothing when I travel to see the folks out of town. I carry so much stuff that I throw it in a wal mart sack or something else like it. Things that would go in could be cell phone charger, flashlight, knife, pistol, ipad or notebook, magazine, and any other junk I may want to have.

A lot of my coworkers carry a backpack of their junk.

I like the thought of the Maxpedition bags that are the smaller ones. I want a European man purse but I don't want to give up my man card.

How do you carry your stuff around?

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't have a go-bag yet, but I can recommend the Aggressor Tactical Attache. I picked up one of those as an office/computer bag when we hit the road and love it. It'll carry as much as I need it to. I'd happily recommend Maxpedition products in general.

If I were to get a go-bag, I might look at something in their Gearslinger line (http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Monsoon-Gearslinger-2p11.htm#details) or the Versipack series.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about just buying a gym bag? I named mine; call him "Jim" ... Jim has a double life; he serves as a range bag too.. I think ole Jim was like $14.99 at Wally and he has all kindza pockets and zippers and stuff where I can stow crap like a razor, extra pair of drawers, patches, a small bottle of CLP, some Q-tips, assorted springs, some spare mags etc.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Timberland shoulder bag I bought at a mall in Washington, DC about 15 years ago. It has a little nylon carry handle at the top and a total of 8 pockets or compartments and is just the right size for a notebook or Ipad, etc. It is olive color with black trim. My family made fun of it and called it my "man purse", but it has made a lot of miles with me for air travel, hunting, fishing, etc. Great piece of equipment for about 50 bucks.

Cedar Creek

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look for a decent size/quality civilian daypack in subdued colors. Stay away from anything that looks military unless you want to draw attention.

S

Smokin

I use an Oakley bag and I think they are fantastic. They usually have a decent selection of them at the outlet mall here in the city. Mine has served me well over the last few years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom