What kind of powder and bullets do you like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention... if you're in BA, and have reasonable prices, I'll likely shop there.

Ditto that. I'm also a fan of Hodgdons, specifically HP-38 at the moment. If you can work out a deal with the J&K guys and sell their cast bullets are the same rate, I will be a really campy happer, too!

Where abouts in BA are you going to setup shop?

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

As I mentioned, initially it will be online only, but I'll definitely figure out a means of locally pickup to get around the hazmat and shipping charges. I've even toyed with the idea of having free shipping for Oklahoma customers, but we'll see. A full storefront costs rent, so I'm going to hold off until I have proven revenue coming in. As for general locations, I haven't even looked around too hard. My wife suggested anywhere in BA or even Coweta. Doesn't seem to be many stores on this side of town. My father-in-law has bought and sold some commercial property before so I will probably get him involved when I'm ready for that aspect of it. He can tell me better than I if the price is good and all those details.

Whatever place I get I want it to be semi-permanent because from what I've read the FFL is granted for a single address. yes, that means eventually I'll have firearms as well :)

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
BA is good, Coweta would be awesome. Howabout going all out and moving it to Muskogee? There's NO competition here!

probably for a reason lol...

I personally live on the east side of BA, so coweta is a very short drive. Every time I drive down that way (Roy's Chicken is awesome....) I look at all the shops along 51 and think "that would be a good spot... ooh, that one there is open.."

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BA is good, Coweta would be awesome. Howabout going all out and moving it to Muskogee? There's NO competition here!

Speaking of which, there is an old out of business pawn shop there between BA and Coweta that would be an ideal location. It's not very far off the turnpike / expressway area either. It looks to be a pretty good sized building and they have a big billboard on property too. They have a for sale sign up and I'm sure the building already has bars, etc to be secure enough for guns, etc...

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I know exactly which one you are talking about. If it is the same one, it looks like it was painted recently. Building doesn't face squarely to the road, kind of face north a bit?

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good powders mentioned so far. I'd also love for someone to start stocking J&K bullets in the Tulsa area! I'd also recommend some black powder, both Goex and Swiss. There are quite a few BPCR shooters around and when you're shooting 70+ grains per round you can run out pretty fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom