What Pistol For A SHTF Situation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Of These Pistols Would You Choose For A SHTF Pistol

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
171204-Butthurt_kindlephoto-75480285.jpg

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason Glocks were left out of choices is that not everyone owns a glock, I have glocks and a number of different manufacturers pistols but was wanting to see if any of the choices given would be viable options.
And apparently there are.
Before Glocks there were other reliable pistols and still are.
I own Sigs, Wilson Combat, Beretta and as well as others and they have been 100% reliable and they are not a Glock.
Not everyone owns the ones listed either

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beretta 92 for me. I'm a fan of them and I have lots of mags.

Yeah, I ended up buying a bunch for my last deployment because I didn't trust the issue ones.

IMG_0086.jpg

I voted for the Beretta 92, though my personal choice is not the one you listed. Any of the 92 series should go great with a CX4 9mm carbine using the same mags.
Just my :twocents: ... :drunk2:

I had the same idea. A bunch of 92 mags, but no 92? The CX4 seemed like a good idea.

IMG_0087.jpg

Then I figured "what the hell, I might as well get a 92"

IMG_0088.jpg

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I'm likely to get roasted for this and have a plethora of people tell me why I'm wrong. I do love the 1911 platform and I've really REALLY tried to like the .45 ACP round but I just can't. I've owned and traded or sold 3 .45s and will likely try to convince myself again at some point because I like the idea of shooting someone in the pinky toe and blowing their left arm off.

The issue I have and can't overcome is with personal experience. We were disposing an old DRT television, yes one of the big 200 pound console monsters. Tossed it off in a ditch on the home place and decided it would be prudent to knock the tube out of it. 8 rounds of .45 would not penetrate. Subsequently a single round of 9mm dispatched the offending tube. This was a bit dinconcerting to me so I went and found an old windshield and set it up to be shot at an angle as if it was an approaching car. The .45 broke the glass but didn't penetrate. Again, 9mm went straight through (Yes I understand the ballistics).

To this day I can't feel confident carrying a .45 ACP due to the fact I can imagine several scenarios where it may be prudent to shoot through a car windshield and I have little to no confidence the .45 will do so effectively.

Latest posts

Top Bottom