What the heck does this mean???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Copied and pasted from the Oklahoma Wildlife Dept hunting regulations:

"Telemetric radio tracking devices for deer hunting are legal. However, thermal tracking devices are illegal."

What is a telemetric radio tracking device? Other than what my coon hunting friends use to keep up with their dogs. If they are indeed one and the same, how does a person trap a deer and get him to hold still while attaching the collar?

If you listen to the "Hook and Horns" radio show, you may have heard me ask this question on their show. I don't think they really knew the answer but they sure did bluff it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently some companies are making arrows with transmitters in them.
Now what thermal imaging means I don't know. But I liked some light up noks I saw on the outdoor channel the other day and was wondering if they were legal.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They make thermal imaging devices that are used to track and show heat signatures. So if it is dark for instance and you had shot a deer, and it had only been a little bit the deer wouldn't be cold yet. You could use a thermal image device to seek out the heat trail and find the deer. They sure would be nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom