What the *&$# is on Fire!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird. I live a mile north of Waterloo and Kelly and had no idea about the fire until this morning. We smelled it Saturday night but just thought it was someone burning leaves or brush. Saw smoke right before sunset but didn't look too bad from our house. Bummer for all who lost property.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt it. From what I heard on the news, he was asked to leave the property and evacuate and he refused.

Sad that a man can't defend his property from somebody's dumb azz douchery.

Police so say not to resist, during a robbery, but you can't bet your ass I will. However, if the victim in that case is shot and killed by the attacker, wouldn't he be charged?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I have never heard of the DEQ doing anything about vegetation fires. I have seen them at fires with chemicals etc. involved. DEQ has also made it extremely difficult or stopped a fire department from burning an old house for training purposes.

The problem with the training fires is that they think they can just burn it instead of tearing it down. (I live in a small city that has the mindset that they can just condemn a house, call it a training fire and burn it). There are things inside that should not be burned in a training situation, plus NFPA has rules and standards that are supposed to be complied with.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with the training fires is that they think they can just burn it instead of tearing it down. (I live in a small city that has the mindset that they can just condemn a house, call it a training fire and burn it). There are things inside that should not be burned in a training situation, plus NFPA has rules and standards that are supposed to be complied with.

Yes, yes I know about the rules etc. My point is, I have never seem DEQ get involved in a situation involving a controlled burn involving natural vegetation, or for that matter a controlled burn that went rogue.
However, when a large chemical company caught fire here, DEQ was all over it.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine is sitting at home with a .45 this morning guarding his properties from looters. What the heck is wrong with these people that want to take advantage of these people affected by the fires? People suck.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have they said what kind of controlled burn it was? The radio report I heard this morning had someone (I didn't hear the person identified, but it sounded like an official giving a statement to a press gathering) saying that any non-arson fire that was started intentionally, including burning trash and brush piles, counted as controlled burns, as though they didn't know what kind of controlled burn got out of control. They did talk about civil and criminal liability, so it sounds like it wasn't a sanctioned burn.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Have they said what kind of controlled burn it was? The radio report I heard this morning had someone (I didn't hear the person identified, but it sounded like an official giving a statement to a press gathering) saying that any non-arson fire that was started intentionally, including burning trash and brush piles, counted as controlled burns, as though they didn't know what kind of controlled burn got out of control. They did talk about civil and criminal liability, so it sounds like it wasn't a sanctioned burn.

If he was outside the city limits.......and not in a burn ban, he wasn't violating any laws other than the law of common sense. We go on lost control burns about every other week. We had two lost control burns yesterday alone. People think that if they have a shovel and a garden hose, they're good. One of the one's we ran on yesterday, the guy burned down the majority of his brush pile and went in side the house. His neighbor called 911 when he saw the barn of the guy who was burning fully involved. This happens all over the state, every other week at the minimum, just doesn't make the news until in burns down houses or kills somebody.

Latest posts

Top Bottom