What to do in Lawton when you're not at a gunshow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolang1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and I are taking our wives to Lawton on the 14th. We can't take them to SuperDave's gunshow because that would be like taking ants to a picnic. We promised to take them to Mount Scott after the show. Any suggestions for them during the show?

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might not want to leave them alone since Lawton was recently ranked the 8th most violent city for women by Forbes.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uh. Stay the heck out of Medicine Park!

Got suckered in staying two nights there with the family early this summer because my wife knows somebody with "Lone Oak Cabin" there for rent. Yes we stayed at a nice old place with a window unit, cozy for a new family. Probably a nice place in the 1950's. No way in heck I would let my kids go wondering around that area.....The water is way down and the dead fish smell was through the whole park. The last day we were there we were out numbered 12 to 1 with inmates from (??) local county doing clean up. One of those kindly POS let out the air in a rear tire of our car before we were out of the cabin going fishing. Funny how he had left the valve stem cover on the ground by the tire. I do blame an unknown inmate because we sure did not see anyone else, especially kids wondering around in Medicine Park. I may be paranoid an dfigured it was some kinda set up for a robbery, rape, and kill of the family situation so I scooted the family off to fish at Elmer Thomas Lake, which was a good place to fish, right by Mt. Scott. Of course I was packing heat down that way with a Glock 17 Gen 4 and Kel-Tec PF9, sharp pocket knife, and a good first aid kit. I had pre set local police and emergency numbers in the wife and my cell phones before the trip. The kids got a kick out of driving up Mt. Scott and looking all around with the binoculars, plus saw all the museum stuff on Ft. Sill. We stayed in "West" Medicine Park. East side looked much rougher.

Yeah, avoid Medicine Park.

Latest posts

Top Bottom