What Type of AK-47?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Questions:

gmar - I have heard the term "canted sights". Does that simply mean the sights are installed crooked?

I never thought about upgrades. I have been wondering about fixed stock versus folder. Thanks Quick Draw.

Several of you say the WASRs are good if you inspect them. I had heard a lot of negative from those who didn't hand select. I might need to look at some local shops and take a look.

One last question. Anyone have a good mail order source for 7.62x39 ammo? A rifle without ammo is just an expensive club!

Thanks,
OggieO

You are correct about "canted sights". One or both will lean one direction or the other and make it difficult if not impossible to sight in. Definitely look before you leap. I don't think there is anybody out there who builds AK's that has not shipped rifles with canted sights, the WASR just seems to be most prone to it. I had to send a Bulgarian SSR-85 back for this issue. Even Arsenal has hosed up a few rifles.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the ak that I have was made from a kit. It's an underfolder that has the flip up night sights and the flip up gas cut off sights for a grenade launcher, I think it's a yugo, not really sure... anyways, it's been flawless for me so far.

OggieO

New to the site!
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thanks for all your input. I learned a lot and was guided to some websites with good information, aside from all the good stuff you posted here.

I ended up buying an Arsenal Bulgarian SA-93 with a milled receiver and a thumbhole stock. She is a beauty!

While I am not crazy about the stock, I figure I can convert it to the typical AK set up down the road. I have heard that was a pretty easy change that I can do myself.

I haven't taken her to the range yet, but boy howdy is the action smooth and the trigger crisp! Since I spent a little more than I anticipated, I am now saving for some ammo so I can take her out.

Thanks again and happy shooting to you all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom