What would you guys have done to get this buck to come in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z-man

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel for you brother. Sunday AM I was hunting north of Alva. Had about 160- to 170 class 10 point MONSTER go by at about 170 yards. I bleated nothing, I grunted, he stopped and looked, grunted again nothing. I very lightly rattled my horns. He turned towards me and started coming. This was the biggest deer on the hoof I had ever seen in person so I was shaking like a leaf. Then at 70 yards he hung up at a active scrape, worked the scrapr for an agonizing 5 minutes. I had time to laser it at 70 yards exact, way to far for me to shoot and get a clean kill. Then a nice 7 point came right under me up the trail to him, it worked the scrape, then went up the trail to the bedding area and my B&C 10 point followed.

Muzzle loader, pistol or rifle he would have been mine. I hate hunting with damn sticks.

Spence

:crying:

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the only thing to try....and maybe before the rattling....would be to rake an antler or a stick on your tree. This has worked almost as well as grunting in the past. I normally give a few longer deep grunts and begin raking the antler on the tree. Its a dominance factor. Not saying it would have worked, but it might be something to try next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom