What's the biggest regret in your life...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lump

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tore my up pretty good awhile back and messed up a bunch of tendons. It was constantly dislocating/sublaxing and always hurt. I had the surgery and everything is worlds better now. It sucked for the first 3 months - not being able to drive or move my arm and the therapy afterwards was torture, it took everything I had not to cry some days, but now aside from rainy/cold days it is fine, works darn well and stays in place. It will occassionally get a bit tight, but never enough to be considered pain.
Your only a month out - I hope it gets better.

My biggest regret - not challenging myself to do more.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not going a full 4 years at a little university in vermont... Other than that, I am happy with every derned decision I made.

Until I met my wife, I would have said taking the "highly respected" advice and going to college for my first year at the local regional, rather than a far away higher level university. And when I think about that, I think about how much less likely it would have been for me to meet the perfect woman if I had done what I really wanted to do at the time.

So no, no regrets for me. Yeah, there's been a few "what the hell was I thinkin'" moments, but absolutely nothing regrettable.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes regret only doing my four yrs in the Navy...I sometimes wonder if I had stayed in, would I have made Chief by now?

I like where I am....I'm doing what I enjoy doing...working on Planes and helicopters, I own my own home, I am getting married next yr...so, I am happy.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh lets see here....

biggest one is not telling my ex to be gone and stay gone in april 2006. Now i pay her $344 a month for my stupidity and being too nice.
selling my 84 mustang GT i had $7,000 in for $1,900 because i was in a bind.
not quitting walmart sooner and going to my current job
Not getting to tell my mom or grandma that i loved them or what they meant to me before they passed away.
Letting a friend of mine borrow $400 and i'll probably never see it again.
Panic buying that F-150 4X4 I had bought after those two snowstorms instaead of the 9C1 caprice i wanted to buy
Selling my deer gun that i had $1,050 in earlier this year to buy said F-150

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regret? Has no place with me. Have I made some bad choices and bad decisions? Absolutely. Knowing then what I know now would I have made those same decisions? Yes. Those decisions be them bad or good made me who I am today. Am I the greatest?, no... Am I respected by most? I'd be inclined to say yes. I am who I am because of the decisions I have made, so there is nothing to regret.
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom