What's the going rate for yearly hunting lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will see your fence checking, fence mending, wood cutting, coors light, and raise you some deer meat, fish fillets, and some fishing trips at Eufaula (I have access to a boat and dock). :yelclap:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This could get pretty good for you Coorslightcowboy. Auction your lease off on here.
But to answer your question. I know of land going for $3 to $15 dollars an acre.
The minimum rate is a father and son who lease some land for mostly deer hunting. The higher rate is land that an outfitter leases down around the wichitas and guides hunts. I am sure he more than covers his lease cost with the hunts.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will put on the block, Fence mending, rick of wood, all deer and fish you want ( i to have a place on the lake), coorslight, and all the farm work you can throw my way 1 weekend a month.

Flyboy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because a lot of us have more time on our hands than money in the bank.

Hell, I work full-time, go to school four nights a week, have a kid and a house to mind, and still have more time than money.

Rusty Shackleford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all about helping family first....but we use to let him hunt for FREE..all we asked in return was twice a year he had to walk/ride out all fences on that property and just tell us if i tree was down on it....or a he found a place a cow could get out. Then my dad would go fix it if he found a spot. He wouldnt even do that. I thought that was a simple enough request since he got a 400 acre lease for FREE.

Sounds like he's screwed up. I'd look for someone new too if I were you.

I hunt on 200 acres for free that a friend owns and in exchange I mow/weedeed his yard all summer, and help on the farm any time he needs it.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest price point depends on how good the property actually is. Put up a gravity corn feeder and invest in a cheap trail camera. If the property is loaded and you have proof it will drive up the price. Every lease says they are loaded, but when people put cash down seeing is believing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom