Whats with the Fair Tax in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After paying $24.00 to get into the Claude Hall show today, I saw a sign asking for an additional $1.00 ea. Supposedly the fairgrounds are tacking on another buck for the honor of going to an expensive gun show. What gives?

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if there has always been a tax, but paid by the event organizers? Why have a price increase when you can have the city do it for you?

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago when the city annexed the fairgrounds the mayor decided that there should be a $1 tax for anyone entering the fairgrounds and somehow it stuck.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First I've heard of it.

How did they do it? They made you pay to get in and then asked for another $1 each afterwards? Smells odd to me.

If in fact there is some hidden tax that we've not been made aware of, then you'd think the gunshow promoters would be all over telling us about it so we didn't just blame them for the high prices.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a box just inside the entrance. No one collecting, I think that it was voluntary. I didn't pay. If I was charging $12.00 per person to sell beanie babies, I'd just absorb the fairground fee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom