Whatsapp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owned by Facebook, the "end to end encryption" is a joke, and they said as much in a terms release that stated that your private messages will be scanned. I'd trust it as much as I'd trust a facebook post.
Signal is a better option.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use it to comm with online hobby friend in Australia.
RC Sailplanes.
works great.
text or live video chat.
local friends also
no $$$ international phone bill.
no bs no ads no glitches.
i like it.
secure? i have no idea about such things.
same here - we used it last time we went to Europe to talk/text with kids - pretty amazing I think - but went back to old text app when here

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to consider is who will you be communicating with. The only reason I use Whatsapp is because my friend started using it as his preferred way to send/receive NSFW messages so he knows not to open what I send through there at work and vice versa. Otherwise, I know very few people who are using it. Everyone I know, however, uses text messaging associated with their cell phones.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the people (technicians) with our Summer job company, they use the app to have the drive teams to show them things when we (as teams) have issues. For instance, they might want to see some error message or other data on the computer monitor that is being used by the operator of the 4 or more servers in the back of the van. We have also used it to show how some of the wiring is done in and to those servers. I have it on my phone but have never used it, although the wife has used it usually about once a summer to troubleshoot problems with the equipment.

Other than talking back and forth about the problems, I don't know that the app is used for other communications, but I really don't know what the techs do with theirs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom