When Is Enough Enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of the major reasons that many people value the Second Amendment is supposedly that the right to bear arms is the right that protects all others. The problem I have with this is that it does not actually seem to protect anything at all. Despite the fact that we are a very well armed populace (for now), we seem to still be losing liberties left and right in addition to more and more of the money that we earn being taken away and given to those that choose to not work at all. And now the very right itself is being distorted and twisted in an effort to greatly minimize it and maybe even take it away completely in the future.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think that the majority of Americans have no intention of taking up arms against the government and the few that might would likely be wiped out pretty fast. If this is the case, how does the right to bear arms protect anything where tyranny is concerned? When does America as a whole say enough is enough? Or do we just let "them" do as they will because its inevitable anyway? Maybe I'm just in a negative frame of mind with everything that has been going on lately.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We identify those politicians, no matter what party, which support us and support them.

We identify those politicians, no matter what party, which oppose us and oppose them.

Most importantly, we work to educate our fellow Americans about the importance of gun ownership, and we also work to dispell the myth that we are all angry white, paranoid militia types, by getting involved in our communities.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We identify those politicians, no matter what party, which support us and support them.

We identify those politicians, no matter what party, which oppose us and oppose them.

Most importantly, we work to educate our fellow Americans about the importance of gun ownership, and we also work to dispell the myth that we are all angry white, paranoid militia types, by getting involved in our communities.

I smell what you're cookin' JB, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work to good these days.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I smell what you're cookin' JB, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work to good these days.

Well, for sure the Republican party needs to take a good hard look at itself and reevaulate its positions on some social issues in order to secure more members and enhance its chances of winning.

Dustin98SS1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So how do you feel about voting for Obama now? Serious question. Or were you just at the Democratic convention?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the major reasons that many people value the Second Amendment is supposedly that the right to bear arms is the right that protects all others. The problem I have with this is that it does not actually seem to protect anything at all. Despite the fact that we are a very well armed populace (for now), we seem to still be losing liberties left and right in addition to more and more of the money that we earn being taken away and given to those that choose to not work at all. And now the very right itself is being distorted and twisted in an effort to greatly minimize it and maybe even take it away completely in the future.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think that the majority of Americans have no intention of taking up arms against the government and the few that might would likely be wiped out pretty fast. If this is the case, how does the right to bear arms protect anything where tyranny is concerned? When does America as a whole say enough is enough? Or do we just let "them" do as they will because its inevitable anyway? Maybe I'm just in a negative frame of mind with everything that has been going on lately.

You're not paying close enough attention to the gun culture if that is your position: SAF has won 2 huge SCOTUS cases in the last couple of years(see Heller and McDonald) and has more waiting on Appeals before going back to SCOTUS; Carry laws have only become more reasonable to law-abiding gun owners as of late(even in places like CA, IL, and DC). The AWB was not renewed and there is little to no empirical evidence that a new ban of any sort could pass congress(let alone judicial review).

Gun rights have been more liberated than restricted over the last decade or two, and there are no signs of this slowing down. The liberal gun grabbers will certainly use horrific tragedies and politically charged public statements to try and garner public opinion/support, but there are no signs that serious restrictions would fly.... Everything you are hearing is mostly F.U.D.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're not paying close enough attention to the gun culture if that is your position: SAF has won 2 huge SCOTUS cases in the last couple of years(see Heller and McDonald) and has more waiting on Appeals before going back to SCOTUS; Carry laws have only become more reasonable to law-abiding gun owners as of late(even in places like CA, IL, and DC). The AWB was not renewed and there is little to no empirical evidence that a new ban of any sort could pass congress(let alone judicial review).

Gun rights have been more liberated than restricted over the last decade or two, and there are no signs of this slowing down. The liberal gun grabbers will certainly use horrific tragedies and politically charged public statements to try and garner public opinion/support, but there are no signs that serious restrictions would fly.... Everything you are hearing is mostly F.U.D.

I don't disagree, for the most part, with what you say however I'm not just talking about gun rights. I'm talking about all of them. I'm talking about things like what the TSA does to people when they travel that never seem to get much attention. Remember the guy that wouldn't let them "touch his junk" and got prosecuted? I'm talking about the ridiculous amount of taxes we pay now and the fact that despite what Obama has said, they will be going up for all of us. We are taxed much higher than they were before the American Revolution. How about the fact that we will all be forced to purchase health insurance whether we want to or not? At almost every turn the Constitution is being either twisted or ignored to suit whatever agenda those in power choose to pursue. The current administration seems to be the most blatant offenders yet. Heck, you don't have to look very far to find data pointing out some pretty sickening voting irregularities that occurred during the last presidential election.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how do you feel about voting for Obama now? Serious question. Or were you just at the Democratic convention?

I didn't do either one of those things. However, I have, on several occasions, admitted my regret at believing he would do nothing on gun control. I'm attempting to rectify my mistake.

Any other questions I can answer for you?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Division is the surest path to defeat. Your post does not help the cause. If you had been paying attention at all to the threads since the election you would know the answer to your question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom