When Is Enough Enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't disagree, for the most part, with what you say however I'm not just talking about gun rights. I'm talking about all of them. I'm talking about things like what the TSA does to people when they travel that never seem to get much attention. Remember the guy that wouldn't let them "touch his junk" and got prosecuted? I'm talking about the ridiculous amount of taxes we pay now and the fact that despite what Obama has said, they will be going up for all of us. We are taxed much higher than they were before the American Revolution. How about the fact that we will all be forced to purchase health insurance whether we want to or not? At almost every turn the Constitution is being either twisted or ignored to suit whatever agenda those in power choose to pursue. The current administration seems to be the most blatant offenders yet. Heck, you don't have to look very far to find data pointing out some pretty sickening voting irregularities that occurred during the last presidential election.

You make very good points. Short of soldiers or government agents firing on American citizens who are exercising their rights, be it peaceable assembly or free speech etc., I dont think the line has been crossed. By that measure Katrina was one of those examples.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You make very good points. Short of soldiers or government agents firing on American citizens who are exercising their rights, be it peaceable assembly or free speech etc., I dont think the line has been crossed. By that measure Katrina was one of those examples.

I'm definitely not advocating violence, I'm just curious what others think.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we won't be organizing to fight from here. From here we about exercising our political rights. Remember guys, if we can get the right people elected we can protect our rights. It's simply a matter of being able to work towards that end.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm definitely not advocating violence, I'm just curious what others think.

Nor am i, but i reserve the right to do so if violence is visited upon me or mine. Right now the path to saving our second amendment rights is political, along the lines of what JB advocates. This is how it should be in a free society, even if some question how free it may be. How our government reacts to the will of the people dictates the response.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nor am i, but i reserve the right to do so if violence is visited upon me or mine. Right now the path to saving our second amendment rights is political, along the lines of what JB advocates. This is how it should be in a free society, even if some question how free it may be. How our government reacts to the will of the people dictates the response.

Sounds reasonable to me

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our recourse has to be in the selection and pressuring of our elected officials. I do not look forward to the day violence is the route we have to go. Sadly however, I think that is closer than any of us would ever want to believe. Its a scary position to be in. That being said I would agree that there are fewer and fewer Americans that would stand up against the governement if it came to be.

No to hijack the subject but I know after the OKC Bombing there was a push to ban the formation of a militia in Oklahoma. Does anyone know off the top of their head what ever happened with that? This came to mind during a debate on the 2nd Amendment and a Lib telling me if I wanted to own guns I should join a militia and train on "those weapons".

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Our recourse has to be in the selection and pressuring of our elected officials. I do not look forward to the day violence is the route we have to go. Sadly however, I think that is closer than any of us would ever want to believe. Its a scary position to be in. That being said I would agree that there are fewer and fewer Americans that would stand up against the governement if it came to be.

No to hijack the subject but I know after the OKC Bombing there was a push to ban the formation of a militia in Oklahoma. Does anyone know off the top of their head what ever happened with that? This came to mind during a debate on the 2nd Amendment and a Lib telling me if I wanted to own guns I should join a militia and train on "those weapons".

I would be down with that depending on how it was set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom