When this forum is outlawed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t get what your saying. Are you mocking Jesus? I know he was a man. Only while he came to the earth. He is no longer is. He is back in Heaven as God. I don’t know why your saying he looked like someone when we have no idea what he looked like. If you don’t believe and love Jesus then that’s your right. But don’t make mocking comments towards him.
Not mocking Jesus.
We do kinda know what he looked like.
You can't have it both ways.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting comments read at 3AM, so I will throw mine out. I think the term "religion" connected with this thread is a farce. Anyone promoting "religion" as an internal belief of what you think of in a Christian attitude for your own personal beliefs and how you live your life is actually almost a non issue in the world today.

In my opinion, "religion" is used to mask an overthrow of a culture. A Christian culture is what the US was formed on. A proactive Muslim "religion" culture is what the US and the world is facing now. The stand back and be nice internal feeling Christians have that mind their own business living their lives as they believe is being over run by the aggressive "it will be our way" in all parts of life Muslim culture who are trying to change out our culture in the name of their "Religion" is what we are facing and just starting to deal with.

This is not new, look at the history of the Crusades. Hell look at why the United States Marine Corps was formed. Very similar. One group is do good relax back pacifists, the other is aggressive warriors who can not stand not being in control and have to change it. Been that way forever. look at the past Republican and the Democratic party. The writers of the Startrack series passed it on to the future for us to think about in a "Good vs Evil" way, black and white in front of our face.

Very early in life when I first was trying to figure out religion, I wondered why my "God" of the entire universe, creator and in charge of absolutely everything as I was told, allowed the "evil" of other religions and cultures cause the death of more people than all natural disasters on earth to happen.

Now at 71 years old, I still do not understand. Unfortunately with the life I have lived, I may never find out, no matter what the mortals tell me. I am waiting for my turn to talk face to face with him. I hope he has time to explain it all to me to understand. JMO

I have a simple view of it. The way it was explained to me long ago. GOD didn’t make hate or evil. Evil is nothing more than the absence of GOD. Comes down to the free will thing. So basically pray for yourself and others. Hate the sin, not the person. Don’t do ill to others. We are allowed to protect ourselves. Jesus did say to one of his apostles to sell the cloak off his back and buy a sword. So the way I take it is if evil attacks, eliminate it and preserve you and your own.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

She's lost her friggen mind! And they love to say President Trump is a traitor to the Constitution?

That nutbag needs to be in a nursing home....
With bars and guards!

Hey, they have had so much success in infringing on the 2nd that they now feel they can treat the 1st just the same.

Yup, but you just cant get that fact through little liberals heads.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not mocking Jesus.
We do kinda know what he looked like.
You can't have it both ways.
Ok. I was just making sure not trying to be a jerk. Actually we don’t have any idea what he looked like. The prevailing theory is that he had long hair and a beard and was extremely attractive. From some research I have done and have heard from some preachers is that Jesus wasn’t anything attractive. There wasn’t anything about his looks that drew people to him. God wanted him to be simple and wanted people to come to him based off of what he said and did. And many things I have heard said he actually might of had short hair. But as I said no one really knows. But in the end it doesn’t matter what he looked like. He came here to die for EVERYONE, the good and the bad. It just amazes me how many people reject HIM and claim they don’t believe in HIM regardless of all the proof that HE exists.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isaiah's prophecies about the messiah say that he would not be particularly good looking (53:2) and that they would "pluck out his beard" when they crucified him (50:6). Otherwise, typical Jewish ethnic traits and historical traditions, not much else to go on. Obviously the paintings don't mean anything. Probably isn't important.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. I was just making sure not trying to be a jerk. Actually we don’t have any idea what he looked like. The prevailing theory is that he had long hair and a beard and was extremely attractive. From some research I have done and have heard from some preachers is that Jesus wasn’t anything attractive. There wasn’t anything about his looks that drew people to him. God wanted him to be simple and wanted people to come to him based off of what he said and did. And many things I have heard said he actually might of had short hair. But as I said no one really knows. But in the end it doesn’t matter what he looked like. He came here to die for EVERYONE, the good and the bad. It just amazes me how many people reject HIM and claim they don’t believe in HIM regardless of all the proof that HE exists.
Disagree on the looks. Kinda short. Looked like someone from Mesopotamia, hence the Anwar Sadat comment. Anthropology is your friend. While I believe in that Jesus existed in one form or another, no one can prove it. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called faith. I also believe that those who cannot question their own faith or let others criticize it, probably don't have a real strong faith. Sadly, there are a lot of people of many faiths in that situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom