Where are the Cowboy Action Shooters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a member of SASS, but haven't been able to go to a match in over a year!:cry3: 'Twixt working 2 week-ends a month and family health issues I just can't seem to work it in. Lot's of fun though. I'm not a competitor by any means, I just like to shoot, razz others, and be razzed by others. The top shooters are just amazing to watch. They can shoot SA pistols and lever rifles faster than I can shoot semi-auto.

You lookin' into it?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to, still got the guns and gear, but haven't shot in a match in a long time due to work.I'll get back into it someday, lots of fun.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CAS is actually the best of both worlds. If you just like to dress up and shoot the guns of the Old West you'll fit in just fine. If you like to dress up, shoot the guns of the Old West and place in the top ten, you still fit in just fine. Go to a match, introduce yoursefl, and lend a hand with the posse chores and you'll very quickly have a whole new group of friends.

Like any sport, you'll likely find someone who takes the game WAY to seriously. They don't have fun. Hang around them and you won't have fun. They'll be the ones studying the next stage while ignoring every one else and ignoring posse chores. Fortunately they are rare birds.

If any of you are looking for a little week-end getaway, I highly suggest going here: http://badlandsbar3.com/ Tote a camper down for the week-end, or get a hotel room in Clarksville. Either way, if you don't have a great week-end, I'll retract this post!

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a SASS member (Doctor Don) but my job keeps me too busy to shoot with them anymore
If you want your pistol optomized out look up the "Double D SASS" gun on my website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom