It's all over but the crying...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They haven't done that with the frame or receiver rule. And the injunctions have gotten wider and wider in scope to protect more people. The ATF has taken their lumps lately in court. Doesn't mean they give a rat's ass overall, but the courts have stopped their overreach in some cases. And there are three (I think that's the number) pending 2A cases in front of SCOTUS. Right now it's our best shot.
Oh I don't disagree that we should be calling them on their BS. I just recall all the nonsense the District of Columbia did after the Heller decision. Cliff notes version is that it was years before anyone could have a fully assembled firearm inside of their own home.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I don't disagree that we shouldn't be calling them on their BS. I just recall all the nonsense the District of Columbia did after the Heller decision. Cliff notes version is that it was years before anyone could have a fully assembled firearm inside of their own home.
That was then and there. What we’ve seen over the last few years, as noted by the short-legged dog wrangler, is that the Courts are handing down injunctions to stop the ATF cold when they try to pull their “legislating through rulemaking” shenanigans. Whether or not the ATF has appealed, those injunctions have remained in force, and the ATF has been prevented from acting on those rules.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're right. They'll continue until they're stopped, too. But every win we get makes the ATF a little weaker. And I'm hopeful we'll have a new administration eventually that will put a stop to the bureaucratic BS we're constantly subjected to from the ATF and other federal agencies. I'm also hopeful the corrupt FBI will be b**ch-slapped and reformed. I can always hope.

Look what Bruen did. Anti-2A laws are falling like dominoes...relatively speaking as compared to how it's been in the past.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was then and there. What we’ve seen over the last few years, as noted by the short-legged dog wrangler, is that the Courts are handing down injunctions to stop the ATF cold when they try to pull their “legislating through rulemaking” shenanigans. Whether or not the ATF has appealed, those injunctions have remained in force, and the ATF has been prevented from acting on those rules.

Yep...different times now.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They haven't done that with the frame or receiver rule. And the injunctions have gotten wider and wider in scope to protect more people. The ATF has taken their lumps lately in court. Doesn't mean they give a rat's ass overall, but the courts have stopped their overreach in some cases. And there are three (I think that's the number) pending 2A cases in front of SCOTUS. Right now it's our best shot.
correct it's their best shot too, I don't trust a couple of our so called conservative judges

Latest posts

Top Bottom