Where are the kids of Vietnam Vets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad was an Airborne Ranger in the 101st. Purple heart with 2 clusters, I believe and a Bronze Star.

He got screwed up on drugs while he was over there. Came back and got married to my mom, had me and my brother, but was getting deeper and deeper. They got divorced and we moved away. Eventually he disappeared when I was about 4 and the story we heard was that some mob guys got him, because he was going to testify against them. I've got a copy of his Bronze Star award letter, always wanted to have his medals and decorations re-issued that I could put in a nice shadowbox with a folded American flag.... kinda remember how he was back when he was one of the good guys.

Lotsa badness happened over there, turned a lot of good guys bad. :(

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dad was an army aviator with his master wings, retired CW4 2 consecutive tours in vietnam he flew the hueys and the cranes, he recieved the bronze and silver star, was 100% disabled and my hero. he passed December 15th and I miss him everyday.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Shoot, I'm to old to post on this thread, but I will anyway. My dad served in the Army during WW2, he spent time in England and then Germany.

T

TheMcs

My wife is a kid of a Vietnam Vet. My father in law was an 0311 Marine, H/2/1 1969 (Danang). Lost his left leg from the knee down, took a couple bullets and a lot of shrapnel. 100% disabled. Purple Heart & Bronze Star with "V". I haven't been able to find proof, but his brothers say he holds a Naval record (at least at the time) of the most surgeries survived in relation to a single incident. The number is somewhere over 150. He'd been triaged for dead, when they realized he wasn't giving up a lot of his tendons had dried out from being exposed.
All that really messed him up. He drank more than he ate, died 6 years ago of kidney & liver failure at the VA hospital in OKC.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad was 1st of the 506th, 101st Airborne, E company, recon platoon in Northern Vietnam in 1970. He was on Ripcord just a few days before it was overran. Luckily they were out on a mission when that happened or I might not be here. He's got a Bronze star, purple heart, combat infantryman's, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom