where can i find recriprosity maps? Planning a bike trip from CA to OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bike trip Saturday... need to get up to speed on CA, AZ, NM, CO, TX, and a few others...

gonna fly myself and my gun out there and ride back.

concealedcarry.net doesn't seem to be working... any other lists or websites?

HALP!

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so has anyone flown with a firearm to CALIFORNIA?

i'm a little unsure how to make this work...

they dont recognize our CCL, but i should be able to take a firearm there in checked baggage right?

but no ammo? since if i took ammo, it would be considered a loaded firearm?

i'm confused.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a link to the TSA that might answer most of your questions concerning transporting a firearm and ammunition on an aircraft.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1666.shtm

and after you check the TSA regs, go to the web site for whatever airline you are traveling on and check their rules. Print the TSA rules and the airline rules. Take them with you when you go to declare and check your baggage carrying the weapon Its a fair bet that the people you deal with at the counter will not know the rules.

Also - you know that some guns/magazines are legal in OK that are prohibited in Calif, right? Not sure, but I think you are prohibited from taking a standard [high] capacity semi-auto magazine into Calif. even to visit.

jej

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
California is going to be your problem on a bike, as they have some bizarre handgun transport laws:

Traveling with Firearms in California
HANDGUNS
California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.
The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/travel.php

Latest posts

Top Bottom