Where to buy replacement windows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to buy some replacement windows for the house.
I'll do the install myself.
Other than Lowes and Home Depot, are there other options in the Tulsa/BA area?

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I
I need to buy some replacement windows for the house.
I'll do the install myself.
Other than Lowes and Home Depot, are there other options in the Tulsa/BA area?
I had window world do our entire house and they installed. You can buy just the windows. We have 13 or 14 windows and it was $8k to have them bought and installed and we got the higher end energy efficient. Their product is good

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My folks had Window World do the farmhouse they bought southeast of Lex, and they still look and work just fine some ten years later. My brother ordered the windows for his barndominium from Window World’s store in Tulsa. They’re on Sheridan between 46th and 41st. I can’t tell you anything about them, though, because he hasn’t picked them up yet.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thermal Windows manufacture windows in Tulsa to your specifications. I bought new install windows, not replacements. I pulled the hardyboard and trim off around the windows and started from scratch making sure to install the flashing and building wrap correctly.

I replaced two large windows on the second floor after a tornado hit our house in 2016.

It’s a good thing you can do the replacement yourself because I couldn’t find anyone who wanted to replace the 2 large windows upstairs and the single window that was blown out in our bedroom.

Highly recommend Thermal Windows, they are exponentially better than the builder installed windows.

I installed new hardyboard and trim as well.

IMG_0752.jpeg

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone have a problem with removal of old windows? Mine are in need and the flange is nailed and nailed and nailed. Cannot imagine how they would remove the aluminum frame without tearing things up.
I watched a crew do my neighbors house and they broke the brick bond, mortar joints, pretty bad. The wall was easily rocked after they were done.
I'm tempted to just replace all of the glass and springs.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone have a problem with removal of old windows? Mine are in need and the flange is nailed and nailed and nailed. Cannot imagine how they would remove the aluminum frame without tearing things up.
I watched a crew do my neighbors house and they broke the brick bond, mortar joints, pretty bad. The wall was easily rocked after they were done.
That’s what a sawzall with a 12” bimetal blade is for!

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We replaced our windows in 2004 and bought thermal windows from Sears......never again as they leak cold air, red dust, dirt particles and small bugs. Sears "honored" the warranty and replaced half of em and reinstalled the rest. They worked better but still not up to expectation..........Replaced the double window in the dining room and 3 kitchen windows with Anderson windows in 2010 and so far so good.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm tempted to just replace all of the glass and springs.
We had old wood framed windows and the new windows they cut siding back and reflashed everything

Latest posts

Top Bottom