Which tumbler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Lyman 2500.

I use walnut lizard litter for media from Petsmart on the really dirty stuff. Followed by ground corn cob. This I get at the gunshop because I've not found any in the pet stores that is ground fine enough to use for case cleaning.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but the Berry's Mfg (also sold under the Cabela's name) has been a strong reliable tumbler for me.
I like the size of the Frankford Arsenal corn cob (small). I do use walnut shell on the real dirty stuff for a few hours.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I've got a Hornady tumbler, no problems for 8 years now.
I use Lyman treated walnut that I bought a big box of when I bought my tumbler and still have a good bit of it left. I also use ground corncob pet bedding for larger pistol cases. NOT suitable for .223. It works OK for .30-30 but I still have to make sure I've gotten it all out.

savedbygrace

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Dillon 550 I think it has the smaller bowl but the same motor as the big one works great much better than my frankford arsenal that only lasted 1 year. It is well worth the cost quiet and powerful and takes only a fraction of the time the frankford did. Mostly I use ground corn cob pet media with a little polish added in.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like my Hornady. It's extra thick bowl makes it super quiet. I use corn cob media and a little Dillon rapid polish. Never liked the rouge dust the treated walnut leaves on the cases.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fell for the Frankford Arsenal on my first buy and it died after about 5K cases. They replaced it, but it is so much slower than the Berry's/Cabela's. I use one for wlanut and one for corn. When this FA dies I'm going to give the Hornady a shot. The only thing I dislike about the Cabela's is the bowl is made from a soft pastic that tends to pic up polish and gunk (it gets black).

Latest posts

Top Bottom