Which tumbler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lyman Pro 1200 for me. I've been using mine once or twice a week for about 10 years and still going strong. I've tried just about every type of media there is. Rice, corn cob, walnut, pet store walnut hulls and corn cob. I like the regular ole treated walnut hulls the best.

I'm kinda slow to catch on sometimes and I tried about every way I could to seperate the media from the cases. I bought Dollar Store collanders and drilled bigger holes in them so the media would run through it. I'd dump the cases and media in the collander then shake it around into a plastic tub seperating the media from the case. One day I looked at the lid and noticed it had slots in it. Eureka.....I just left the thing running and turned it upside down over the plastic tub. All the media came out and the empty cases stayed in. It only took about 2 years for me to figure this out....Yeah I'm slow sometimes.

Attachments

• 1200_pro.jpg
    1200_pro.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 149

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lyman Pro 1200 for me. I've been using mine once or twice a week for about 10 years and still going strong. I've tried just about every type of media there is. Rice, corn cob, walnut, pet store walnut hulls and corn cob. I like the regular ole treated walnut hulls the best.

I'm kinda slow to catch on sometimes and I tried about every way I could to seperate the media from the cases. I bought Dollar Store collanders and drilled bigger holes in them so the media would run through it. I'd dump the cases and media in the collander then shake it around into a plastic tub seperating the media from the case. One day I looked at the lid and noticed it had slots in it. Eureka.....I just left the thing running and turned it upside down over the plastic tub. All the media came out and the empty cases stayed in. It only took about 2 years for me to figure this out....Yeah I'm slow sometimes.

ha I remember plotting on how I was gonna do that when I first got mine. Walked away to look for a 5 gallon bucket to drill some holes in, came back and saw the slotted lid. Its a great design. Guess I was lucky.

Rocketguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Dillon CV-500 that was bought in 1994 and it is still going strong. A couple of years ago there was a business by H&H selling sand blasting equipment and supplies, I was able to get 50# of crushed walnut and crushed corn cob for $60.00 total. If you have a place to store it this is the way to go.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the big Dillon tumbler as well as the frankford arsenal tumbler. The Frankford Arsenal tumbler quit after about a year, and when I looked it over, I found one of the wires to the motor had work hardened and broken. I replaced the connectors and tie wrapped the leads to hold the movement to a minimum and it is still going strong after three years. The big Dillon is what I use for thousand lots and the FA tumbler is good for small lots. Blitzfike

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Thumler's are high $$.
Another nice feature is a switch on the cord.
Does the Hornady or the Dillon have a switch and do they produce that cyclonic action when in operation?

Latest posts

Top Bottom