Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want the Green HydroConquest but I'm cooling my jets for a bit for sure.

For me, Oris punches way above its weight. For a classy diver, I dunno if they can be beat, especially if you spend the money and get the in house movement. 5 days PR? Damn. However, it seems the movement in the Longines is superior compared to mine, but the build quality and finishing on the Oris is damn nice. I really don't feel it's far off a Tudor. I'm probably not being much help, but until I get the HydroConquest in front of me It's hard to tell.

Thanks. I'd like to add a nice entry level Swiss diver to the collection while I save up for a Pelagos or BB58. I really want a 39mm Pelagos, but I'm going to wait and see if they release a blue dial version first.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really want the Green HydroConquest but I'm cooling my jets for a bit for sure.

For me, Oris punches way above its weight. For a classy diver, I dunno if they can be beat, especially if you spend the money and get the in house movement. 5 days PR? Damn. However, it seems the movement in the Longines is superior compared to mine, but the build quality and finishing on the Oris is damn nice. I really don't feel it's far off a Tudor. I'm probably not being much help, but until I get the HydroConquest in front of me It's hard to tell.
I don't think that there is really a right or wrong answer. Ask someone who has a new Oris and they'll sing it's praises, just as @JD8 has done. I've got a HydroConquest, and have expounded about my love of that watch and its value on this thread previously. Both are solid watches that offer extremely good build quality and in-house movements for the money.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I've decided that I'm going after a watch that I found on eBay. It's a good example in original condition of a really cool old chronograph. I won't post a link in case any of your turkeys want to try and outbid me, but I'll give you a hint!

1680573002228.png

That might be giving it away, but if you know what it is and go looking for the auction, do me a favor and don't bid!! This one is MINE!! I already have the alarm model, and need the chronograph.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FXD seems up your alley.

It definitely is. I'd love to have a Marine Nationale themed watch like the FXD. At 42mm with a 52mm lug to lug, it's probably a little too big for me. I thought that the Yema MN Navygraf might fit the bill at an affordable price, but I think that Yema's QC is hugely hit or miss and I don't trust their in-house movement. The ZRC Grand Fonds MN reissue is on my radar, but I think I'd rather spend a little bit more and have a 39mm Pelagos.

If money were no object, I'd have to have one of these...

Tudor-marine-nationale-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom