Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogboy13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my daily gifted to me by my dad since he wears an Apple Watch. My mom got for him on one of his deployments to Afghanistan. He wore daily. When I sent it in for service the bezel was so dirty it wouldn’t rotate.
image.jpg

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my daily gifted to me by my dad since he wears an Apple Watch. My mom got for him on one of his deployments to Afghanistan. He wore daily. When I sent it in for service the bezel was so dirty it wouldn’t rotate.
View attachment 367445
Who’d you have service it? Just wondering if there’s anywhere local besides watches etc that’s working on Rolex.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who’d you have service it? Just wondering if there’s anywhere local besides watches etc that’s working on Rolex.
Watches, ETC no longer services watches. There is a person I know of at SW 120th and Western that could service it. I would send a Rolex for Service through BC Clarks directly to Rolex.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got an OP ready to be picked up at Watches Etc now. Guess he sent it out?
Don't know. At one point he had a very good watch repair person there. Brought in a watch about 1 or two years ago said they don't repair watches, just change batteries. Mechanical/Automatics now? He may have hired someone. Apologies for misinforming.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s one I haven’t shown on OSA yet. A Seiko Lord Matic from March of 1969.

This is still technically an unfinished project. I rebuilt it about six or seven months ago with a full service to the movement, top to bottom. I buffed the original crystal and got it back looking good, and then did a full case restoration. The hands on this watch are what were originally on it, but they were beyond repair. I still need to find another set, which honestly shouldn’t be too difficult but I haven’t really put much effort into it. The hour hand is a bit mangled, but the watch is still a looker. Come to think of it, I may even have a set of hands in stock that will work on this watch.

The Lord Matic series of watches are way underrated in my opinion. They are a step up in quality from the regular Seikos of their time, and just under King Seiko and Grand Seiko. They have the 5606A movement in it which is a bit more complicated than a regular Seiko movement, but is really well made and keeps exceptionally good time. If you can find a good one, these are seriously good quality for the money.

This one has a cushion case. The dial is a little off-white, but when you catch it in the right light it turns more silver and there is some vertical stripes that become visible. It’s really thin and super comfortable.

30208529-A212-4960-9FA0-22B5A4696A6C.jpeg

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s one I haven’t shown on OSA yet. A Seiko Lord Matic from March of 1969.

This is still technically an unfinished project. I rebuilt it about six or seven months ago with a full service to the movement, top to bottom. I buffed the original crystal and got it back looking good, and then did a full case restoration. The hands on this watch are what were originally on it, but they were beyond repair. I still need to find another set, which honestly shouldn’t be too difficult but I haven’t really put much effort into it. The hour hand is a bit mangled, but the watch is still a looker. Come to think of it, I may even have a set of hands in stock that will work on this watch.

The Lord Matic series of watches are way underrated in my opinion. They are a step up in quality from the regular Seikos of their time, and just under King Seiko and Grand Seiko. They have the 5606A movement in it which is a bit more complicated than a regular Seiko movement, but is really well made and keeps exceptionally good time. If you can find a good one, these are seriously good quality for the money.

This one has a cushion case. The dial is a little off-white, but when you catch it in the right light it turns more silver and there is some vertical stripes that become visible. It’s really thin and super comfortable.

View attachment 367487
That’s probably the best looking Seiko thus far…I’m sure I’ll get roasted for my blasphemy but IDGAF

Latest posts

Top Bottom