Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not wearing them, but I just picked up the only 2 watches my grandfather ever owned. He passed away about four months ago and I was given these by my mother yesterday. An old Timex and a really cool old Bulova Accutron. Neither are running. I'm going to repair them both and get them back up and running, and will give them back to my mother later this year.

Also in the pic is a few of his navy items I brought back with me.
View attachment 369567
That is awesome man.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally gave up searching for a large watch box with extra storage space and purchased two smaller Tawbury Grove boxes instead. The biggest issue has been locating a box with pillows that will accommodate bracelets and straps sized to 6.5". The Tawbury Grove box has pillows that are sizeable by removing or adding an outer pillow sleeve.

The boxes normally retail for $149, but I was able to find a seller on eBay that had a handful for $67.99 with free shipping. The boxes just arrived today, and they appear to be well worth the money. Time will tell if the interior holds up well and justifies the $149 price tag.

As a bonus, having two boxes has let my OCD relax a bit. Now the Seikos and Seiko based microbrand watches can have their own case. 🙄

If anyone is in need of watch storage, give me a shout. I still have the 16 watch Deferichs chest and a Holme and Hadfield case and valet set that I need to find a new home for.

https://tawbury.com/products/grove-6-slot-watch-box-with-glass-lid
20230420_195436.jpg

20230420_195422.jpg

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a good option for me. I can't seem to get a NATO to fit me, its either too loose and the watch tilts too hard because it's top heavy or it's too tight.

I'd like something to work with SMP when I go to Maui in November.....

https://erikasoriginals.com/
Several of those would look sick on your SMP. They make it to your wrist size. Mine is 7.85 in. Worked beautifully.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An automatic Luminox? Wow, those are pretty rare! Looks good on the NATO!

Yeah this is their Atacama field series.

• Origin: Swiss Made
  • Always Visible: Constant glow for up to 25 years
  • Size of case (diameter): 44 mm
  • Function: Day Date
  • Water resistance (meters, feet, ATM): 200 / 660 / 20
  • Movement: Swiss Automatic
  • Case material: 316L Stainless steel
  • Bezel: Fixed
  • Case back: 316L Stainless steel screw in
  • Crystal glass material: Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating
  • Crown: Screw in, double security gasket, crown protected
  • Strap / bracelet: Textile / Nylon
  • Lug width: 24 mm
  • Case height: 14 mm
  • Weight: 115 g

Didn't care for the stock strap at all, but an overall great watch. Much better with a strap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom