Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broke from the Omega "rut" today. Took Coop to my VA appointment.
17002520965872585676533105434351.jpg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh? Do tell!

That was the Rolex Explorer I posted this AM. Looks like they redialed it! Suspect it was a good cleaning though. Back to default settings, no scratches clean, sets without any slop, winding is tight and no rotor noise. So far seems to be at +2 seconds by eyeball and atomic clock, Omega Seamaster 300M is at + 1, eyeball and atomic clock. New Rolex (haven't bought one since 2017) Versus New Omega I would say Omega Tries harder, impressive packaging (a beautiful heavy wooden box with a pushbutton lock.) With Omega you can get your certification information online, Rolex you can't. Not sure what diver is truly better at this point, the Submariner or 300M. I do know this, Omega costs a bit less, but you have many more choices as far as color, strap and different versions. It seems the 316L Stainless on Omega is a tick better (scratch resistant) than the 316L stainless on other watches I own. The actual dial on an Omega 300M is much more interesting with a 10X Loupe.

Omega repair versus Rolex - Omega you get a nice leather box cushioned inside with all the parts they replaced. Rolex you get a leather wallet and no spare parts, with a new warranty card to put with your original.

Hate to say this, if you plan to keep your watches a long time, Rolex holds it's value much better, and you can make money on many. Omega not so much, but time will tell...

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was the Rolex Explorer I posted this AM. Looks like they redialed it! Suspect it was a good cleaning though. Back to default settings, no scratches clean, sets without any slop, winding is tight and no rotor noise. So far seems to be at +2 seconds by eyeball and atomic clock, Omega Seamaster 300M is at + 1, eyeball and atomic clock. New Rolex (haven't bought one since 2017) Versus New Omega I would say Omega Tries harder, impressive packaging (a beautiful heavy wooden box with a pushbutton lock.) With Omega you can get your certification information online, Rolex you can't. Not sure what diver is truly better at this point, the Submariner or 300M. I do know this, Omega costs a bit less, but you have many more choices as far as color, strap and different versions. It seems the 316L Stainless on Omega is a tick better (scratch resistant) than the 316L stainless on other watches I own. The actual dial on an Omega 300M is much more interesting with a 10X Loupe.

Omega repair versus Rolex - Omega you get a nice leather box cushioned inside with all the parts they replaced. Rolex you get a leather wallet and no spare parts, with a new warranty card to put with your original.

Hate to say this, if you plan to keep your watches a long time, Rolex holds it's value much better, and you can make money on many. Omega not so much, but time will tell...
Bought and sold two Rolexes. Made $ on both but at this point the juice isn't worth the aqueeze. Simpler works at my advanced age. O)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom