Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hamilton field khaki titanium I posted in the Xmas present thread.

Why do watch bands seem to be sized for women or young children?

A79F7BCE-060E-4E6D-A2C8-3230FA56D829.jpeg

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hamilton file khaki titanium I posted in the Xmas present thread.

Why do watch bands seem to be sized for women or young children?

View attachment 336912

Thats nice. I agree about the bands, its ridiculous. and I'm only 5'9". Now I know why my dad never wore watches. Hell, I had to pay extra to get my wedding band made a larger size than they stock.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on the waiting list for a Pepsi GMT since March 2021. I was originally told 24 months. I checked back around Christmas and was told to expect late 2023. If you were to get on the wait list today for a Pepsi, it's 4-5 years. The stainless Daytona's are a 7-8 year estimated wait list. Any Sub is 3-4 years. The fact that you can't just go in a buy them is why they are worth so much.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take it, pm inbound.
You could say I’m a fan of older Seikos.

Of the 12 shown here (not all of my Seikos), I’ve rebuilt all of them except for the one on the bottom right.

1E919890-1048-4FC8-99C9-F256C5DC04C6.jpeg

I think my favorites are the first three on the top row, and the one on the far right top row. Those first three are Lord Matics, and the top right is the UFO I recently posted in a thread.

I still have a couple other Seikos in my pile of watches needing to be repaired/restored.

B2576E76-7AE5-4508-BC55-5B5573DBF133.jpeg

A 7005 series, another Lord Matic, and the forever awesome 6139 Pogue.

I’ve got a bunch of other non-Seiko watches, most of which are worth a lot more than these, but there’s just something about the older models of this brand that I really enjoy. If properly serviced, they can keep time as well or better than watches costing multitudes more. Their dial work is spectacular. They just offer a lot of value in my opinion.

@trekrok, if you’re wanting another vintage Seiko, I might be willing to part with a few of these. A friend of mine is a member of the Oklahoma Watch Collectors Guild, and he’s been asking me to take some of these up to their monthly meets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom