Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Same crappy band but better pic
27D3486E-28AE-406C-A6C0-9918BB0E6673.jpeg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not wearing but just gave away a watch my brother brought back from Viet Nam in the late 60's. He won it in a card game from a lifer.
I looked it up and it's a Bulova 3818 A army issue. From the records I could find on line, and may be wrong because it wasn't in the best condition, is was army issue from 58 to 62. Brother went in in 67 and stayed 30 years.
Gave it to one of our family members that has a new born sun with the request it stay in the family. It doesn't work, and according to my bro it stopped during Tet.
He wore two watches when he was there. As an enlisted guy walking around in the high grass trying not to get killed, he needed all the luck he could get, so he wore it 24/7 till that war ended and he came home. He swears the watch saved him from Tet.
It's sat in a drawer for 30 years but the glass was still intact. No band and face faded a bit. I'm starting to let stuff go because it's time. This was not an expensive watch then or now but it has significance.
So that's my watch story. Years ago I had planned to get it fixed and working to wear, but decided to leave it just like it was when I got it from him.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@steelfingers if you ever do decide to have the watch gone through and repaired I highly recommend @thor447 to do the work.....he does excellent work plus he's good people to boot.

My VN bring-back watch, that I wore for several years working in VN and other places overseas, was made by Benrus in mid 71' and was in dire need of some TLC inside and out, I gave it to @thor447 to go through back in Nov. 22' and it keeps excellent time now.....the original band is part of it's history and I've decided not to change it.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/watch-rebuild-–-osa-member-owned-–-u-s-contract-pilots-watch-issued-in-vietnam-–-long-post-pic-heavy.345847/

benrusgiafter.JPG

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one is going on the chopping block soon. Too many blue dialed watches and a Breitling is calling me.

View attachment 464156
Well, I guess when I get back to my office I’ll have to post pics of my Breitling saying “nah nah boo boo” to you the way those Pelagos pics do to me!

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aragon Titanium GMT on "Nato Style Strap." View attachment 464160
45 mm Case size, Titanium
Seiko GMT Movement
Saphire Bezel and Crystal
Full Lume
200 Meters of Water Resistance
Saphire Exhibition Caseback​
That face looks somewhat pearlescent in the pic. Is it? Looks kinda like a mid 90’s Cadillac color. I like it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom