Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My pitiful best and only watch.View attachment 357450

Far from pitiful:

1) Original and specific style
2) Quality and Accurate Movement
3) Respected Brand (one of there more expensive ones I suspect)
4) All Stainless steel
5) More than likely saphire crystal

It may not be as valuable as a Rolex or Omega, but it could be priceless in sentimental value if a gift or inheritance from parents, grandparents, spouse or children or a personal purchase marking a significant time in your life.

Watches are about individuality and personal style. Wear it proudly. Thank you for posting!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wearing the original ‘Proof’ dial 6138-0010 UFO today.

200EB471-A8B1-465A-8098-1BC7908BA669.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would be considered a lot of jewels and how much does it effect the cost?
17 is a common standard for a regular movement with no additional complications. Once you start getting into barrel arbor jewels, automatic winding works jewels, etc. the counts can go up. I've worked on movements advertised as 36 jewels, but there were plates inside the watch that simply had holes cut in them and a jewel pressed in place. It did not act as a bearing surface. It literally did absolutely nothing other than for them to able to say that it has 'X' number of jewels in the watch, although several of those jewels served absolutely zero purpose. Jewel counts themselves cannot tell you the quality of a watch, although some watch sellers would have you believe otherwise.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
17 is a common standard for a regular movement with no additional complications. Once you start getting into barrel arbor jewels, automatic winding works jewels, etc. the counts can go up. I've worked on movements advertised as 36 jewels, but there were plates inside the watch that simply had holes cut in them and a jewel pressed in place. It did not act as a bearing surface. It literally did absolutely nothing other than for them to able to say that it has 'X' number of jewels in the watch, although several of those jewels served absolutely zero purpose. Jewel counts themselves cannot tell you the quality of a watch, although some watch sellers would have you believe otherwise.
Now that answers my questions. I felt compelled to think more jewels nicer watch better investment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom