Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That color of green on the dial and bezel looks great! I'm still searching for the right green dial timepiece.

BTW wear what YOU like and enjoy it. Owning/ collecting watches shouldn't be a competition. Pretty much everyone here probably wishes that they had the means to afford nicer (and more) stuff than what we have.

I sure as hell can't compete with you guys, not on my salary. That's for sure and for certain. :grumble: Hell, 50 bucks for a watch is luxurious to me. :ugh2:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That color of green on the dial and bezel looks great! I'm still searching for the right green dial timepiece.

BTW wear what YOU like and enjoy it. Owning/ collecting watches shouldn't be a competition. Pretty much everyone here probably wishes that they had the means to afford nicer (and more) stuff than what we have. A $300 Seiko can be just as fun to own as anything 10x the price.
Yep. That's how I roll. I want a high end Swiss mechanical/auto watch of some sort and will someday buy one, but it's the under $1000 dollar watches that will get worn daily. Seikos just seem a good fit for me.

ETA: I spied a pre-owned Grand Seiko the other night with a light blue dial. They had all the original box, papers, and service records, and it had just recently been serviced, at what I thought to be a pretty decent price. It was in excellent condition and appeared to have been cared for quite well. Price was under half retail. I was hovering my cursor over that buy button, but just decided that other things are more of a priority.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure as hell can't compete with you guys, not on my salary. That's for sure and for certain. :grumble: Hell, 50 bucks for a watch is luxurious to me. :ugh2:
Why would you want to? I buy what I like, if/when I can. Don’t care what others think about it. It’s for me, not them.

Example I hate those pogues with the gold dial and Pepsi bezel. The others love them. We just use it as a reason to give each other crap. They think I’m nuts (well, for many reasons) and rightly so, because I want a poorly faked Rolex. I have zero desire for a real one (unless someone wants to give me a John player special Rolex).

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you want to? I buy what I like, if/when I can. Don’t care what others think about it. It’s for me, not them.

Example I hate those pogues with the gold dial and Pepsi bezel. The others love them. We just use it as a reason to give each other crap. They think I’m nuts (well, for many reasons) and rightly so, because I want a poorly faked Rolex. I have zero desire for a real one (unless someone wants to give me a John player special Rolex).

Tru dat. The best watch I ever had was a Seiko SKX009. I got lucky and picked it up for less than $200. But now, the damned things are around $800! I probably would have never gotten rid of it, but it was an auto...I hate autos.

e2c3d8dc-a88e-4f5f-ad89-fd5da0310f7d_text.gif

Oh well...I'll just stick with Invicta. They make a pretty good Rolex Sub homage. Plus, they're quartz. I know, that's blasphemous amongst the watch aficionados. :rolleyes2

giphy (1).gif

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tru dat. The best watch I ever had was a Seiko SKX009. I got lucky and picked it up for less than $200. But now, the damned things are around $800! I probably would have never gotten rid of it, but it was an auto...I hate autos.

View attachment 478855

Oh well...I'll just stick with Invicta. They make a pretty good Rolex Sub homage. Plus, they're quartz. I know, that's blasphemous amongst the watch aficionados. :rolleyes2

View attachment 478854
I’m about the only one I know without a quartz watch, my poorly faked Rolex submariner better be quartz :).

The others have quartz. I would if I had a different job. @okierider I believe picked up one at the watch meetup and all of us there really like it.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 478855

View attachment 478854
I own a few quartz watches. There's nothing wrong with that at all!

Latest posts

Top Bottom