Whiskey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jameson's for Irish
Bulliet for American (sometimes Gentleman Jack)
I mostly sip Jose Cuervo Black though, that charred oak barrel gives the tequila a great taste.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They make whiskey in the U.S.? Oh, right - they blend about a hundred of them together and add gallon of sugar before they put it in a bottle. I've tried that. Then I woke up screaming and checked to make sure my Laphroig was still in the cabinet.
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cohiba, and all others you have brought back some great memories of when I was your age. Another one to add in to the Scotch area is or was Glenfiddich in my day, but that was long ago. Side note, of no interst to you but great memories to me. How I met my wife? She was my bartender, me the customer at El Zocalo's. Good old days, too.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, may we get to the bottom of the pile of whiskey? When in school at OSU in the 60's and not having much money at a small liqour store on east 6th just east of main north south street which may be main street on the edge of an alley. We bought Fightin' Cock 103 proof bourbon. And if all else failed at the bottom of the beverages was Lone Star 3.2 beer for 97 cents a six pack at 7-Eleven on west 6th. I know you care less of the stories, but there are many others. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make whiskey in the U.S.? Oh, right - they blend about a hundred of them together and add gallon of sugar before they put it in a bottle. I've tried that. Then I woke up screaming and checked to make sure my Laphroig was still in the cabinet.
[Broken External Image]

If I'm not mistaken, the "adding of a gallon of sugar" would violate the requirement of having no added flavoring that exists in order for something to be called a straight bourbon. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey for reference. Also, with regards to scotch, "single malt" only means that a single distillery has used batch distillation in the scotch production. See http://www.highplainsinc.com/Scotch.html for reference. "Single Malt" is not to be confused with "single barrel". As far as scotches go, Laphroag isn't a bad choice if you don't mind the taste of water that's been strained through peat moss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom