Whiskey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How has no one mentioned this one yet?

aim1_shutterfly_com_media_47a1d911b3127ccefde820cca57f00000030c0a1104344604e0a89a5bda628eddc34.jpg

I don't care for Woodford. I know that makes me an odd man out around here.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite *Burbon* is Blanton's:

awhiskeygoldmine.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_10_blantons.jpg

Nectar of the Gods I tell ya'!

I also like:
Plain ol' Jack Daniel's as well as Jameson
I went up to Missouri a few years ago and got turned on to George Dickel....really good stuff.

I cannot stand Canadian Whiskies of any type....they are too 'dry' or something.:anyone:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago. My in laws were still living. My father in law's best friend from childhood in upper Midwest would visit us at Christmas and spend many days with us. Dean was the general manager of a distillery up there, Pekin, IL. The one brand I remember was McCormicks. However, every year he brought to us many bottles, fifths of almost everything they produced. No nothing fancy, but good stuff to mix with. Also, had a friend who was the rep for a wine company and he had great selections, but this is about WHISKEY!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nectar of the Gods I tell ya'!

I also like:
Plain ol' Jack Daniel's as well as Jameson
I went up to Missouri a few years ago and got turned on to George Dickel....really good stuff.

I cannot stand Canadian Whiskies of any type....they are too 'dry' or something.:anyone:

I'm the same way with one exception. Crown Royal. It's the only one I can drink.

Just give me some Jack Daniels, George Dickel or Jim Beam and I'm happy. Can't do scotch of any brand. :nolike:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1 on the Blanton's.

Canadian Whiskeys are blends but from what I understand they are most similar to rye in tasting notes, less sweet and spicier or drier. I don't much care for them either. Odd though is that I like a rye bourbon over a wheated; I guess the corn is mellow and sweet enough it needs a little rye to balance it out.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care for Woodford. I know that makes me an odd man out around here.

We all have different tastes. I have a bottle of Blanton's and a bottle of Woodford in my cabinet at the moment and I always find myself reaching for the Woodford first. I'm somewhat of an odd man out in that I don't really care for Four Roses all that much. If I were pressed to pick a top 3 I'd go with Woodford at the top with Makers Mark and Buffalo Trace tied for second.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the "adding of a gallon of sugar" would violate the requirement of having no added flavoring that exists in order for something to be called a straight bourbon.

As far as scotches go, Laphroag isn't a bad choice if you don't mind the taste of water that's been strained through peat moss.

Two points here. Firstly, you're correct, of course. I'm not certain of the manufacturing process, but bourbon is so damned sweet! Too much for me.

Secondly, you are correct again. I always say if my whiskey doesn't taste similar to a ladle of water pulled directly from a peat bog, then it's sub par!

Latest posts

Top Bottom